Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone tell me about the quality of Gold Tip since they moved there company to Mexico. I am looking at buying some new Triple X arrows for indoor next year and wonder how there quality is???? Thanks

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Gold Tip has always made a great arrow and they still do!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hi can anyone tell me about the quality of Gold Tip since they moved there company to Mexico. I am looking at buying some new Triple X arrows for indoor next year and wonder how there quality is???? Thanks
Awesome. I recently switched to Gold Tip indoor and out. IMO they are very easy to tune, very tough and shoot everybit as good or better than the Eastons I was shooting before. I love my Gold Tips. I am very glad I made the switch plus they are much more affordable. I get an arrow that shoots everybit as good as the X-10's I was shooting before for about 1/4 of the cost. Plus they dont bend and I am picking up a few points a shoot because my arrow is a little bigger in diameter.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Goldtip moved production to Mexico? Looks like they just lost a customer. I buy American when ever possiable! I'll be shooting Easton or Beman from now on.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I would not buy the Maxima's they are built in Asia, I stick with Easton, American made and build a great arrow and have any arrow for any situation.

Buy American Built !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
So Red and Deadly, both of you guys never shop at Walmart and both drive vehicles made by the big 3? If you do that is awesome. Are you totally sure all of Easton's product is made here? I am not sure I am just asking.

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
I like to buy American made too, but all of us R guilty in the field in which we are typing on:eek:

·
Registered
332 Posts
No I DO NOT shop at Wal-Mart!!!!!!!! Yes I do drive a Ford!!!!!!!!! I work for Ford, but right now am laid-off, because of people that shop at Wal-Mart, and drive foreign cars!!!!!!!! So I will buy American because I am American!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I love my Gold Tips. I shoot UL 400 for 3d, Triple X for indoor, and 5575 Pro Hunter for hunting. I'm not crazy about the whole Mexico thing but then again look at the US. I would love to buy everything produced here but it's not possible. Seriously, look at the tag on your shirt as you read this, look at the back of your computer.... where does it end?

·
Bowhunter
1,650 Posts
Gold Tip is located in utah but they do make some arrows in mexico. They have great customer service any problems call KC at Gold Tip and she'll take care of you.

·
Patriot
5,052 Posts

I asked Gold Tip about that a couple of months ago. They told me some are made in Mexico, and some are still made in the U.S. I like to buy American made products too. However, I do have Gold Tip Pro Hunter and XT Hunter arrows. They all shoot great! At 20 yards, I cannot tell the difference between the XT's and the Pro's.

·
Registered
711 Posts
what is made in america 100% anymore,i believe the only car in nascar built in america is the toyota,the intrepid and impala are made in canada and the fusion is made in mexico i was told,i now it sucks but thank bill clinton and the free trade act for that

·
Registered
332 Posts
I agree NAFTA is the worst thing that happened to the U.S. But where is the $ going when you buy foreign? It's going overseas, where the company has it's headquarters. The cars might be made here, but the money is going back to Japan, or where ever it is. The people in those contries don't pay my bills, the American people who support my job pay my bills. That is why we all need to buy American when ever we can!

·
Registered
381 Posts
which gold tip shoots like a x10 i didnt think they had a fita arrow , am i missing something!

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
Goldtip moved production to Mexico? Looks like they just lost a customer. I buy American when ever possiable! I'll be shooting Easton or Beman from now on.
Not all Easten arrows are U.S. made, the Lightspeeds and Fat boys and the new Flatliners are built in Bangladesh. The Gold Tips, shafts are made in Mexico all else done with the shafts U.S. and the same with the Victorys.Carbon Express,Korea and the Carbon Techs. U.S. but moving to China. PSEs,Korea/Carbon Impact,China and the Trophy Ridge arrows Korea.

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
I agree NAFTA is the worst thing that happened to the U.S. But where is the $ going when you buy foreign? It's going overseas, where the company has it's headquarters. The cars might be made here, but the money is going back to Japan, or where ever it is. The people in those contries don't pay my bills, the American people who support my job pay my bills. That is why we all need to buy American when ever we can!
What kind of clothing and hunting shoes/tennis shoes do you by. Can not be picky about one thing and not the other.

·
Registered
711 Posts
i'm a bowhunter,not a professional target shooter so pretty much all arrows i've tested are good enough to kill deer so i will buy easton over all others,and yes because they are made in america

·
Registered
390 Posts
i am a gold tip man,an do not care were there made i will buy them, i have lossed my job to,the big 3 an others have over priced there product to much no one wants to be stuck for 5 years paying for something that can not last 6 or7 years, a 400$$$ payment is alot of $$ when u make 10$ an hr.to late for buy American now. by the way the steel co. i worked for rolled anything that came in the door no matter were it came from..an was owned by a non usa person, they own most of usa investing $$$ from overseas..got off subject sorry gold tip are great arrow co. try them:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
No I DO NOT shop at Wal-Mart!!!!!!!! Yes I do drive a Ford!!!!!!!!! I work for Ford, but right now am laid-off, because of people that shop at Wal-Mart, and drive foreign cars!!!!!!!! So I will buy American because I am American!!!!!!!!!
Good for you I know plenty of guys that work for GM and drive toyota's. I also drive a ford but until walmart starts selling cars you have to look a little closer to home for your reason for being laid off. That is a whole different kettle of fish, that I prefer not to get into.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
which gold tip shoots like a x10 i didnt think they had a fita arrow , am i missing something!
I dont shoot many fita's. There is no small diameter target arrow on the market yet from gold tip. I used to shoot X-10's for field and safari etc, I am shooting pro hunters right now and they shoot as good or better than my X-10's did. X-10's are used for more than just FITA.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts