Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me anything about bow. im looking at buying it but the guy that has it dosent know a whole lot about it. i would like to know the draw legth min and max and draw weight min and max. this bow is hopefully for my wife if it will fit her. here is what i know its set at 26 inches and 50 lbs

thanks in advance

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,249 Posts
What model? Are there any limb stickers?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
If I remember correctly that model used plastic draw modules to change draw length. If he dosent have the bag with the modules I would pass finding them would be tough.:darkbeer:

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,249 Posts
I know someone who sold Golden Eagles and he has all kinds of modules laying around. You still need to know the model though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you dont' mind me asking are you getting a screaming deal on it? I owned a golden eagle for quite a few years. Not a bad bow by yesterday's standards but unless you are getting the bow for damn cheap I would think you could find bow that is say 4-5 years old for a real reasonable price that would run circles around it. You're gonna have setup money to get it to fit her (if you can at all). That money may be well spent on setting up newer bow. JMHO.
I went from shooting a golden eagle for 12 yrs to a bowtech tribute and I heard choirs of angels singing in the background when I let that first arrow fly.:darkbeer: The bow manufacturers have come a long way the last 10 years.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you dont' mind me asking are you getting a screaming deal on it? I owned a golden eagle for quite a few years. Not a bad bow by yesterday's standards but unless you are getting the bow for damn cheap I would think you could find bow that is say 4-5 years old for a real reasonable price that would run circles around it. You're gonna have setup money to get it to fit her (if you can at all). That money may be well spent on setting up newer bow. JMHO.
I went from shooting a golden eagle for 12 yrs to a bowtech tribute and I heard choirs of angels singing in the background when I let that first arrow fly.:darkbeer: The bow manufacturers have come a long way the last 10 years.
it is a screaming deal, wont cost me anything but to go pick it up. i agree with a newer bow but i dont want to dive into something she isnt gonna shoot it as much as she says. I also had a golden eagle it was my first bow, good bow for the money i had into it, then a local guy picked up the Forge line of bows and i fell in love with my current bow. here is the only pic that shows the cams. thanks for the info so far

·
Registered
213 Posts
Golden Eagle Bow

That thing is a dinosaur! A true antique! If you love your wife and would like to get her into archery them buy her a modern bow that fits her draw length in a poundage that she can manage. Rock On!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
looks like a good fishing bow for free get it no matter what

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks like a good fishing bow for free get it no matter what
already got the fishing bow just not time to use it anymore. Ive shot hundreds, if not closer to thousands of pounds of fish with a bow made by "robin hood". thanks guys maybe ill pass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts