Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i am a new member here. Just bought a splitfire 32 the other day. have not recived it yet, so i was looking for any coments on the bow..... was looking at the ibo and amo speeds, and thought maybe some people would let me have an idea on how to bring them up a bit.......ty for any and all comments.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Welcome to the boards Slinger.

Commenting on the bow speed. Without getting technical let it suffice to say that you cannot improve upon the IBO speed. It's all the bow is capable of within safety parameters. As for AMO, that is defined as the speed a bow is rated at shooting 30" draw, 60# and an arrow weighing 6 grains/lb ( think I got it right). Anyway, most people these days, me being one of them, shoot something less than 6 gr/lb chasing speed. Actually closer to 5 gr/lb, which is considered about minimum. This can help increase the AMO number. There are so many variables to go into here.

Let me just say, that I shot Golden Eagle when that bow came on the scene. I shot a Litespeed and I must say it was a nice shooting bow. Not crazy fast, but very smooth for a single cam bow. You'll like it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cam

well mostly i was wondering if changing the cam would grab me any more speed at all, and ty for the advice.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Changing the cam (to what) may get you some more speed, but this can be tricky. Often a different cam will change the preload on the limbs, meaning weight gain or loss, sometimes dramatically. On an older bow it's probably not worth the cost unless you have some parts laying around and you're itching to play.

Otherwise, jst enjoy it. That cam is one of the nicer drawing ones of it's time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts