Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just shot one of the releases at the shop and LOVE it.

Has anyone had any bad experience with them?

They seem as though they are good quality releases, are they?

I ordered the 8 and wanted some input. Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Personally I like the M-8. Been shooting one for about 8 years now and even have a spare. Have two M-10'2 also. One of these days I'll probably get around to setting them all up the way I want. For now I just shoot them as they are and enjoy the results. Besides, having them NOT setup means I have to shoot them almost like a back tension release because I don't know when they are going off. They're all different.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
that's the only release I have not shot -- but want to. do you really get a surprise with that or do you eventually know when it will fire as you are taking the pressure off?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bill,

I've got a couple of Model-10s. I could never predict when they were going to fire...

If you're interested, I can meet you at Performance or Willow Creek and you could take one for a test drive. PM me or contact me via my website.

Larry

·
Registered
571 Posts
Know a couple of people who came down with TP bad after using
these for a few months. Personally I'll never use one.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I've shot the 8, owned the 10.

They're nice releases, assuming you can switch regularly between them and a standard trigger release. While it's a beautiful surprise release to start with, and will show up anticipation and punching to an exceptional (and humiliating) degree, you can learn in a very short order how to punch and anticipate the release, even if it's a relax movement rather than a compression like a normal trigger.

From where I stand, it wasn't really worth it. I got back into my old habits of semi-TP and a reverse punching thing that was really nasty. If you can get one as part of your collection of releases :D, it's probably worth investing 30-40 bucks. If you're getting it because you need a new release, forget the Cascade and get a back tension - you can find them in the Classifieds for virtually no money at all.

JMH0.02

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
I got rid of TP with one. Just draw get on target click apply bt and relax. The bt along with relaxing let's it fire. I don't think about moving the thumb. Being relaxed helps steady the sight picture.

·
Registered
712 Posts
cascade mod 8 past user

Had a cascade 8 Relax trigger sometime ago. I had an accident with it that almost put out my eye. As I was relaxing for the shot to go off, I think I relaxed my whole hand a let go of it. The thing
stayed on the string and came back at me full blast and hit me in
the side of my face. Yes my own stupidity, but I never shot it again. Mark

·
Registered
621 Posts
I use a Cascade 8 and I like it, I have a severous target panic and this release help me a lot. ( not solve my problem)
I already bought others releases ( Target 3, Just Cuz, Solution 3, truball etc) but always return for my cascade 8, because even in a situation of extreme tension I can to shoot with him!!!

Just my opinion
Thank you

·
Registered
712 Posts

Dear Pixies, I also had a serious TARGET PANIC, The cascade 8
is one release I tried to help my problem, The key word is had, I have been shooting a Carter Revenger release for about 6 years
and my target panic is under control. I don't say cured because
I have not shot in a stress situation yet like a tournement. So
I don't know if it's cured or not. Just my opinion also. Elcheffo1954

1 - 10 of 10 Posts