Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is going on at Golden Key?
I ordered some parts on 9-11 and got a confirmation by e-mail about my order, which I have not received. I have tried numerous times to call them and always got their voicemail and left messages. Today I got a message that their # is no longer in service. I also e-mailed them and got no response. I thought someone on here might know what is going on.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Ive seen Gold key teck people on here moniter this forum and give quick responces and great help.
This would be a great time for one of them to kick in.If they are indeed still in buissness.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Two local wholesalers quit handling their products. Something is seriously wrong!!

·
Registered
891 Posts
I would say they are finished, been coming for a while now. I had heard there was trouble with them early this year, after they were a no-show at the ATA.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Heard they are toast.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
If it's true... we've lost a great company that was a major player in the archery business for many years. I've been using GKF products since the Early 90s... I remember when EVERYONE had a GKF rest on their bow.

It's a sad day...

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
This is an unhappy surprise. GKF had a few really nice products. Too bad if it's true that they've gone under.

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
So it ain't so... I just ordered one of their target rests!!!:mg: :mg: :mg:

I have a bunch of their TM Hunters for sale in the classifieds if anyone wants one. They are all brand new in the package.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I tried calling them myself and was getting an answer machine. I tried again yesterday and got that the line was not in service. I hope this does not mean that they folded. They have some of the best rests I have ever used.

·
Banned
910 Posts
the GKF Golden Premier arrow rest, designed and built by the SpottHogg guy, but sold by GKF was there mainstay and they sold thousands every year. Now they are so many outfits making arrow rests, particularly dropaway's. GKF is/was? primarily a marketing company, I dont think they actually made too much stuff, just marketed it.

·
Registered
11,004 Posts
Dang . . . first Bodoodle and now GKF????? :mg: Man, I just personally DO NOT like dropaways. Too much stuff to go wrong for me.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
If this is true it's indeed a sad day. I've shot GKF rest from the beginning and still do. I have about 4 of their tm hunter rest, a ultimate toughman, a premier, two mirage's and recently sold an infinity . Hate to hear this but it happens. Fortunately there are many many quality rest out there these days so finding one won't be a problem.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
golden key

TTT please

·
Come on October!!!!
3,035 Posts
I'm floored!

I've been trying to reach them for about 4 weeks now. I did get an e-mail reply when I registered on their forum. Heck I even had grandpawrichard send them an e-mail. Yes the strong will survive but this company is/was an Institution! Until we get official confirmation I'll still hope for the best. Can anybody confirm the status of GKF????

·
Registered
624 Posts
GKF Tech

GKF Tech said he was going to send me a Mirage and never did. I sent him a PM saying it was no big deal and thanks anyway. He hasn't answered my PMs and I haven't seen a post by him in quite a while. I'd say that it doesn't look good.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts