Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Golden Key Infiniti, which comes with four different launchers. I cheked their site, and found even more launchers available. How does a guy choose which one to use?

Which would be your choice for, say, 22xx X7s or 3-39 ACCs, shooting outdoor targets?

http://www.goldenkeyarchery.com/launchers.htm

Scott

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I use the Premo blade on my Infinity. For field I am shooting ACC's w/ 100 Gr points. So with that, I decided on the .010 launcher. It works great. I just tightened the spring on the rest so the blade will do the flexing and not the spring.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I have an Infinity and the Premo launcher doesn't come with it. :( But GKF Tech sent me one. :) And it works great!

Before it arrived I was using the carbon launcher. I liked that one best of the ones that came with the sight. (It's the gray rod shaped one with the end scalloped out for the arrow to rest on.)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
BM.... Correct...

The Premo launcher is BEST!
I like the Golden Guide (launcher shaped likeend of fishing pole)
Works well on Carbon ..

GKF Tech

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
I like the golden guide as well, shooting it on my Dropaway for carbons (had to open it just a tad)

The premo is tops if you like the spring steel. Lot's of field nuts winning with this one.

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
I use the Premo launcher for my small shafts, but when I go with the fatter shafts above the 1914 level, I switch to the pacesetterII steel blade.

I like to make certain that the arrow stays on the rest and isn't iffy at all while I'm drawing the bow. Some arrow guidance, IMHO is needed, and FOR ME, using the Premo or the FT blades is just not the way to go for fat shafts.

field14:D

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
I agree F14,

Especially in a hunting set up. Definitely can't have the arrow fall off. The worst that can happen in competition is to have your buddies laugh at you and accuse you of being too scared to make the shot:D

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Don't forget about the Venom blade for carbons too! :) I am actually using it on my 2613's without problems :eek: but you do have to draw the bow kinda slow ;) It's a great blade though.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Field...yes they may...

on the real big shafts the old Pacetter will work well.
The Premo is a little wider than the Venom but is still smaller than
the Pacesetter.
We have the launchers of your choice.

GKF Tech

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Jon ...you need to try the PREMOs!

These Teflon Coated launchers are Tops...

GKF Tech;)

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
Teflon Coated launchers are Tops

A friend of mine is now shooting a GKF rest that he the new Teflon Coated launchers on and he can't tell me enough times how much he likes them! He wants me to dump my Turbo Nocks and Dropaways and go back to vanes and the same rest as he has. But, that isn't going to happen any time soon! ;) :D I have shot his bow and I too was impressed with how smooth the Teflon launchers are, but they aren't my cup of tea. I like my Turbos and Dropaways! :)

Dick

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
found just a few more Demo Premos...

Just a few ..these are unplated and may rust like the competition.
Please PM me ,for you folks that did not get one last time...
I have a few in .012 only.

The Stock Premos are uniquely Teflon coated to stop rust
and are available now in .008 .010 .012
We will have them in Iowa .Vegas and indoor Nationals.

GKF Tech

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Robert worked on me HARD to get me to shoot the Premos launchers (and other things):D:D:D.... I am glad I did.. They are GREAT and with the Infinity under it you can't go wrong....Glad I made the switch to GKF.... Good job Robert...Pro1

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Yes... Premo Launchers will fit the T.K.O.

and all other GKF rests.

GKF Tech

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
launcher ******

DC got me shooting blades and I am going to order a Pacesetter since I spazz out when drawing and keep hopping the arrow off of those skinny blades you fancy butt pros use. That's right -- I'm a launcher ******.

It only happens when I think about NOT making it happen. Dee suggested the Pacesetter. I'll prolly bounce it off that too.

If you see someone in the flights at Vegas this year throwing a black Protec at his target and yelling stuff -- that's me and you'll know why...:( :eek: :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
OX ..my man!

How are you! See your still coming up with those ads for Carter!
What is the Chocolate ad going to be like? I wonder?

Power Drop ad you did for us,came out nice and the rest really does work well!Only downer is it does not fit every bow on the market.

No problem PM me I will send you what you need.

GKF Tech

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Why different blades?

Can someone explain what the effect you get is when you use springy blade type launchers?
I hear shooters talking about experimenting with different thickness of blades , what are they trying to do and are there any tuning type test to tell if you are doing something possative or negative?
Chuck.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
What blade to use will depend on the weight of the arrow and the draw weight of the bow. Most want just a little flex of the blade when shot. I use a .010 Premo blade with back up plate my Infinity . Here are my shoot specs 40 1/2 ATA 65# Easton Light Speed shafts at 335 total grain weight. I do have some play in the spring tention.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts