Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,anyone else noticing quality control issues/ specs on the pro 22 series not quite up to advertised claims .Recently decided to try the pro 22 series for outdoor 3D,noticed right away the finish was not as smooth as the older ultralight 22 pro series.Arrows are cut to my length and they are almost a grain and a 1/2 off with only the bushings installed(within a 1/2 dozen).On my Arizona dial indicator I checked for straightness and they were off by as much as 4-6 thousands.My cheap, throw around the yard Walmart arrows actually measured straighter tolerances than these.Anyone else run into this?..thanks.....:confused:

·
Registered
24,750 Posts
Yep, ever since they were bought out quality control has slipped.

Would like to see them get back to their old ways. Tighter tolerances and consistency they were known for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Call them and discuss it with them, then let us know. I had one bad arrow out of the dozen I bought one time. They send me a new one and told me to destroy and throw out the bad one. Couriuos what they do for you.

·
Registered
11,772 Posts
Mine were and are consistent, I bought some from a seller on eBay. This was last year, they stated they were sorted and put with their consistent batch and they were all within the specs of gt and all mine weigh 376 finished weight.

·
Registered
20,178 Posts
I've had some problems too. I have a dozen velocity pros that several obviously don't meet the standards. I can't cut enough off the shafts to cut all the wobble out of them either. I've had inconsistent weights on some shafts and especially on some of the components but have been able to mix and match so that all my built arrows out of the couple dozen that I have from them, weigh within 1gr of each other. Just takes more work than it should. They still are very tough but it'd be great if they'd get their stuff together and actually meet their claimed tolerances.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
That's depressing news.
I last purchased a half-dozen Hunter XT's that were almost unbelievably consistent in weight, spine and straightness. (And have proven to be VERY tough.)
I figured I was done testing different brands and would stick with them for a long time to come.

It just figures that somebody evidently let Gold Tip's Quality Control's wheels fall off the minute they get a truly excellent product to the market...never fails.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Gone downhill ever since they began putting that ''Made in Mexico'' label on all of their arrows. I hate it to because I have always been a big GT fan but I think I'm done with them.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Had the same problem... Been shooting Victory Vaps , 3DHV and R.I.P XV and not looking back... Never had a problem with a Victory product yet.

·
Registered
585 Posts
That's fantastic. I need to buy new arrows after thisnseason is over. Inwas gonna go with Gold Tip Pro Hunter. Guess I'll take a hard look at the Black Eagle Spartans.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Got some gold tip pro hunters and the cut ends were terrible. Didn't feel like messing with the nock inserts to square them. Not what I expected. I'll just stick to easton and beman.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The last 2 dozen GT Hunter Pro I built up were all in spec. I can't comment on the state of the cuts from the factory because I cut &/or square the ends regardless. Im supper happy with the quality and toughness of the 4 dozen Hunter Pros I have, all shafts were purchased in the last 7 months.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I don’t think gold tip are bad but I definitely preferred the older ones before they started making them in Mexico. I was told that victory purchased the gold tip equipment when they made the move, now I am not saying that is true and could all be false but victory has very similar stuff to gold tip so I would not doubt it to be true.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is to bad to hear I was going to order some gt 22 series for 3d this year. Guess I will just have to look else where just not sure where yet.

·
Hunter of many things
12,113 Posts
I had a hard time cutting out wobble on pierce platinums also. They seemed to shoot well and well tough as nails just hard to justify the cost. Moved over to VAP elites and it a noticeable improvement just on the arrow spinner.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Last 2 dozen Velocities where terrible. Went with easton and completely satisfied.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

·
Mark
5,417 Posts
I shoot Velocities and getting ready to order a dozen shafts, maybe time to change brands.

I found that Eders no longer will cut Velocities shafts anymore, maybe it’s related to poor quality?

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
Look at Victory arrows if you want a similar arrow with honest specs. I don't even look at GT anymore they have gotten so bad.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I had a hard time cutting out wobble on pierce platinums also. They seemed to shoot well and well tough as nails just hard to justify the cost. Moved over to VAP elites and it a noticeable improvement just on the arrow spinner.

I had the same problem, the dozen I bought had other problems as well. I know I had a couple that were out of spec, sent them back to gold tip and they did nothing about them. I had to send several follow up emails before getting a response and it seemed like I was just annoying them by emailing my problems from their responses. It was the worst customer service experience I've had with any company. I know it won't hurt them but they'll never get another dime from me.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Had ultralite pros for my son to use in JOAD brand new dozen . Had three that wouldn't fly right checked run out on them they were out .006 to .008 . Pros should be .001 +/- here looking at arrows in real light lettering was Warrior below mid shaft . They make a warrior shaft which is .006 emailed GT they said it could have been archery shop I went to . Well emailed them back and said they are wrong got them all sealed up and told them been fletching arrows for 30 years and not to put blame on the pro shop I use . Took them 3 !/2 months to send a half dozen arrows just for that will never use GT again to Quick to push Blame on some body else . Will be using Black Eagles now 287 at 18 meters for a 13 year old inner ten bye bye GT

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have been shooting Gold Tip's for several years but after hearing about the problems they are having I decided to try the Easton Superdrive 23's this year and so far they are working out pretty good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts