Archery Talk Forum banner

Goldtip TripleX

500 8
Lets hear some feedback on the Goldtip TripleX's. Thinking about getting a dozen to see how they fly compare to my 2712's. Is it worth the extra $ for the pro's over the standard? What vane, feather setup seems to be working well. And would love to hear feedback from those who have compared to some big Aluminums. Just looking for any input. Thanks!

Tom
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,479 Posts
I was shooting 2712s, when I switched to the GTs.

I left mine full length, with 150 grain tips up front. I'm using 5 inch AAE Vanes no helical no offset.

They fly like darts and when I do my part, they go in the middle.

I've shot a couple of 56-57x rounds with them since setting them up!

Got me my confidence back from the aluminums. I'm too hard on things so I was constantly worried that they were bent!

· Registered
799 Posts
I'm shooting mine cut 1/2" in front of my rest with 150gr up front and 3 4" feathers. I've only been shooting them for a couple of weeks now (switched from FatBoys) but so far I'm really liking them.

Also, I'm shooting the white labels and they are very consitent. I weighed them out and matched up all my components and I have them within .75gr of each other across the dozen. In my opinion I don't think your average Joe could tell the difference in the Pro's or the regulars.

· Registered
661 Posts
The white labels are just as good as the gold. I have mine cut at 29 1/2" shaft and Im a 28 1/2" draw. I have 3 4" feathers w/ strong helical and 150 up front. Shooting this setup indoor and they fly like darts. Unbelievable arrow. I would say buy some. You wont be disappointed.

· Registered
13,177 Posts
I first tried mine at 31" long with 200 grain points and 4" helical feathers. They shot terrible.

Then, I took Tim Gillingham's advice...cut 'em down to 1" past the rest (they are still too long, hahaha) and reduced the point weight down to 150 grains by taking out the added weights. The XXX now fly like darts, and for the first time ever, I've got a fat shaft setup that shoots as well, if not better than correctly spined arrows do!

All this, and I don't have to shoot a 700 grain arrow to do it, don't have to go full length, don't have to purchase special 300 grain non-adjustable points...and can shoot a max diameter fat shaft at only 439 grains total weight.

If I shot a 2712 at exactly the same parameters...with the 150 grain points, they weigh 76 grains more than the XXX.
If I shot 2712's that would work...they would be, assuming a 31" length and a 300 grain point....276 grains heavier....which means that I could take my current XXX, and put my current ULPro 500 INSIDE OF it, and have 10 grains to spare...

So, shooting the triple X as compared to a 2712...is like me shooting TWO arrows if I shot the 2712.....and for WHAT? So I can shoot a bendable aluminum arrow with a "12" wall...and all that mass?

Not for me...I luv my XXX from GT....diamonds are NOT forever, nor are they necessarily an archer's "best friend". hahaha

field14

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.