Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some opinions....

I used to shoot gold tips about 3 years ago. The durability was great but they were not always straight and weights varied quite a bit. I used to shoot XT 5575.

Whats the current status of Goldtips?
Are they straight?
Are they durable?
Do they vary a lot in weight?

What's your opinions on using them for 3D and hunting. Which model?

Thanks for any info

·
74,535 Posts
I use them

I hunt with 55/75xt and have use the 35/55xt for 3d. I havent had any promblems. The pro series is better choice for 3d promble. One tough arrow.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
5575 xt

i shoot the 5575xt for both hunting and 3d. they are extremely durable and have never had a problem with straightness.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I shoot the 55/75's for hunting and the 22 series for 3d. ONe of the best shafts I have shot( next to my new navigators!). Very durable shaft!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I use the GT 3d PRO 7595's. I have had no problems with the weight or straightness. I shoot 3d every weekend and shoot in my backyard everyday.I've seen no problems with durability.They seem to be a very popular arrow in this area.My only problem with these arrows are the lock nocks, they are junk!!I shoot easton super nocks in mine.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I shoot them 35/55XT,55/75XT,22 serues and X-Cutter and have no problem with stragitnness.Have been using them for the last 5 years.

·
Registered
852 Posts
5575 XT's and 3D Pro's have worked very well for me for all purposes - ESPECIALLY hunting and 3D - I've had no problems with them for straightness or weight...

- georgestrings

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I used to shoot XT 55/75 all the time for 3D and hunting... somehow I switched over to CX 200?? Trying to get lighter weight for 3d I think?? The funny thing is.... I keep 3 xt 55/75 GT in the back of my quiver for those hard shots on the 3 D range, thats because I know how tough they are. They shoot so close to the CX's it's hard to tell any difference in the weight.
You can't go wrong with the Gold Tip's for 3D and hunting. You can SURE spend more money though... IF THAT WILL HELP??:D WR

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
for the last 5 years i have used the same goldtips xt 5575 that i 3d with to hunt with...i have a bunch of trophys and a bunch of head mounts and full freezers to prove that they work just fine...

for the last 2 years or so the straightness and weight issues are better...lucky for me i can spinn and weighmy arrows before i by them..

mikie

·
Registered
830 Posts
I shoot goldtip5575xt. They shoot good enouph for me. But when I check them on my arrow straightner some are off by more than .003. And a dozen arrow are off by more then 5 grain.
Just yesterday 6 arrows at 20 yard I robinhooded an arrow and side swiped another . Ruined 3 arrows in minutes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts