Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this posted in the outdoors section, so I thought I would ask here. How many hunt out of an electric or gas golf cart. What mods did you do to make it more successful in treading through hunting country? I ask because I would like to but a used cart and mod it to hunting needs. I posted here so more could view and respond.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
My friends dad has an older 3 wheeled Harley Davidson golf cart he uses and it will go almost anywhere an ATV will.It sounds like a trash truck coming through the woods though.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I used to work with golf carts. One (electric)charge and they were good for 36 holes. Up and dow hills no problem. Each 18 holes was considered 4 miles, and they would be out there 3-4 hours per each 18 holes. They start in any weather,but get very slippery in the rain. They also make ones with gas motors.

-Golf carts would work,but I like quads much better,they are faster and look cooler.-joe

·
Registered
66 Posts
We only use electric golf carts on our hunting property. No problems getting places. Of course they have lift kits. Makes a difference in seeing deer vs 4-wheeler.

·
7,984 Posts
I use my 2001 Club Car....48V electric. My mods are an 8" A-arm lift with heavy duty rear springs, 10" aluminum wheels and 22" all trail tires, custom rear bed, custom bow/gun rack, cd player, aftermarket motor, metallic green paint, windshield and head and tail lights. This cart has always done everything I asked it to do. Travel distance has never been an issue, and I will use it several miles a day, several days at a time without charging it. Sure it only runs about 20 MPH, but can a quad run 20 with 3 or 4 riders, all having a cupholder, while listening to music and being able to talk to each other? :wink: :tongue:

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fassst, whay type of aftermarket motor set up do you have, and where did you purchase it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts