Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been goin round and round for a while and i think im jsut gonna bite the bullet and buy me a carter.....been wanting to try one of these style releases for a while....so im in the hunt for a Chocolate Addiction or a Chocolate-lite....if anyone has a line on them let me know....but im hopeing that i can get used to it...i shoot a wrist style release now and have been for years but i really want to try one of these releases bad.

·
XX78 User
4,928 Posts
Me too. However, I'm gonna stay with the wrist style and get the Like Mike release. I heard good things about it as well.

·
Registered
350 Posts
carter

been goin round and round for a while and i think im jsut gonna bite the bullet and buy me a carter.....been wanting to try one of these style releases for a while....so im in the hunt for a Chocolate Addiction or a Chocolate-lite....if anyone has a line on them let me know....but im hopeing that i can get used to it...i shoot a wrist style release now and have been for years but i really want to try one of these releases bad.
I bought a carter RX2 and love it, but found myself punching the trigger. So like you I bit the bullet and bought a Carter target 4. It helped me out 10 fold. I have raised my average by 20 points, and feel more confident shooting. Money well spent. Good luck and remember it is supposed to be fun so if you are not comfortable go back to what your use too.

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a carter RX2 and love it, but found myself punching the trigger. So like you I bit the bullet and bought a Carter target 4. It helped me out 10 fold. I have raised my average by 20 points, and feel more confident shooting. Money well spent. Good luck and remember it is supposed to be fun so if you are not comfortable go back to what your use too.
Yea i have been shootin a wrist style release for years...mainly Scotts and shoot a Scott Wildcat NCS now...i wont get rid of it till i know for sure that the thumb style is gonna work well for me

·
74,535 Posts
Good Choice

You will like the thumb style release and find it more accurate. JUst learn to shoot like a BT release which can be done.

Carter release are one of the best around.

Chocalate a very popular release.

Few other good choices are

Target Four
Insatiable.

Last two years I have found I like the three finger better. My coach told me years ago the three just seems to work better for most archers and I believe he right.

DB

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I found the Choc Addiction to be way to big as I have small/medium hands. The Target 3 was what fit me the best. If there is any way you can fondle them before you buy, might save you some frustration of trying to find the "perfect fit". Good Luck.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought a Carter Insatiable+ and love it. I am still getting used to it though after using nothing but a wrist strap release for so long. My wife just about killed me dead when I told her the price, but I made sure to order it before I told her LOL

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found the Choc Addiction to be way to big as I have small/medium hands. The Target 3 was what fit me the best. If there is any way you can fondle them before you buy, might save you some frustration of trying to find the "perfect fit". Good Luck.
i wish i could but there isnt a shop around here that i know that carries any releases this style or carters at all for that matter....would really like to try a few if i could but i dont know any that have them around here

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the choclate addiction and learning to shoot this release with back tension is the best thing I ever did to improve my shooting. You will love it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I had the chocolate addiction. It was nice but I did not like the loud clicking noise it made when you open the release. I wanted something to use for hunting and I thought it was to loud. So I got rid of it.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I currently have a choc lite, bk hunter, and a bk 3d, all 4 finger. I've also had a 4 finger insatiable, and a truball trail boss. The choc lite is about the quietest of all, accept the bk 3d(its older and spring is quite swishy feeling). You will not be dissappointed with a Carter.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have an addiction I love it but have a hard time with my anchoring point Im going to sell mine Havent shot it more than 200 times PM if interested

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a Evolution+. The best thing for me was to completely get rid of any kind of trigger, thumb or finger. Best thing I ever did. I plan on hunting with it this fall. Turkey hunted with it this past week and had a bit of trouble getting used to my release not being attached to my wrist while hunting but I'm sure I will come around. Hope I don't drop it out of the tree though.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I have a Evolution+. The best thing for me was to completely get rid of any kind of trigger, thumb or finger. Best thing I ever did. I plan on hunting with it this fall. Turkey hunted with it this past week and had a bit of trouble getting used to my release not being attached to my wrist while hunting but I'm sure I will come around. Hope I don't drop it out of the tree though.
+1 i like my evo too

1 - 17 of 17 Posts