Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for recommendations for a nice bow in the $400-500 range. Basically one that's decently quiet and has okay speeds. Any suggestestions?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
PSE Bowmadness,3 to choose from,$450.00 and they are as good and very quiet as the $900.00 models.

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
Any used Elite Archery bow... Comes with full warranty just like a new one...

·
Registered
629 Posts
New hoyt rampage xt. Used a elite archery bow with their warranty would be the ticket.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Contact Scottie in the classifieds and ask him if he has any hoyt alphamax's left. You will get a new awesome bow in that price range.

·
Registered
857 Posts
You can find some really nice bows in the classifieds here for a lot less. Shoot everything your shop has to offer, then find it on here for a lot less.

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
I agree with all the above post...There are plenty of bows out that will meet the OP's criteria in that price range..I would make a list but it would insanely long

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'd been outa archery 13 years since bought a house and had to pay for it working year round but now back in the game. purchased a Diamond Outlaw and was instantly shooting strikes. its right in your price range. I looked at others but this felt good and appeared to be quality. smooth draw. only thing i changed was the arrow rest. i though it was noisey and flimsy so put an apache drop away on it. couldnt be happier. made my old browning x-cellerator and backup pearson look like kids toys, Dont know how i managed to drop as many deer i did after shooting the outlaw. . Gave bow away to friends kids matter of fact ...lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
Any used bow.. You can get a decent used bow for that price, even cheaper. you can get switchback xts and bowtech guardians for 300 to 350 all day long.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
I'm looking for recommendations for a nice bow in the $400-500 range. Basically one that's decently quiet and has okay speeds. Any suggestestions?
if you buy used you could do a lot worse than buying an elite,, so be careful not to buy someones problem.. for new bows there are several available,,, pse brute is a very nice bow and is also fun to shoot and very quiet, the pse stinger is quiet and a little bit shorter,, a good hunting bow, the bowmadness xs at under 30" is a compact good shooting quiet bow,, martin has the ridge hunter, sabre, and exile in that range,, alpine has a pretty nice speed bow for a little more at 579 retail,,,,,.... i know bear has some but i am not up to date on their bows,, also take a look at the sims limb saver dz 30 and 32,,

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
bowtech asssasian

·
Registered
436 Posts
Pretty much any bow by Parker. Great customer service. If it breaks, they will fix it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
think i saw a 2011 skullz camo PSE vendetta xl in the classifieds for under $500

·
Registered
3,802 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
New hoyt rampage xt. Used a elite archery bow with their warranty would be the ticket.
I 2nd this Hoyt Rampage XT. Best bang for buck bow. Same bow as the CRX 32 except its a cast magnesium riser.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
alien x
firecat 360
firecat400.........

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
If you're looking for a new bow, most of the big companies have a cheaper version of their expensive bows. Hoyt's RampageXT, Mission bows by Mathews, and I think the Bowtech Assassin might be that low, not for sure though.

If you're looking for used one, I know I'd go for a Mathews Switchback or SwitchbackXT, Hoyt Alphamax, Bowtech Tribute(never shot one, but have never heard anyone say anything but great things about them), Elite GT500 or Z28.

I think every company out there, every once in a while, just "gets it right." The bows above, in my opinion, are those bows. I think they'll go down in history as bows that everyone who had one and got rid of it wishes they had it back. If you can find one in good condition, I think you'll enjoy it every bit as much as a new one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts