Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad used to shoot compound target before we moved to Texas. Since then, he's mentioned a couple times that he would like to get back to shooting (especially since I've started again). Can anyone suggest a good club somewhere in the Dallas/FTW area for compound indoor/outdoor? He lives in Grapevine, so ideally the club would meet within 45 min of there.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Cinnamon Creek Ranch is a pretty cool range with indoor/outdoor/3d setups in Roanoke, about 10 miles away. I did an outdoor target tournament there last year and was impressed. Bunch of shooters in a variety of disciplines.

The Bass Pro store in Grapevine also participates in our state target series but I've never been there. They must have a target space to host and it must be huge based on the participation numbers.

Those are the closest two things I can think of.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Texas Archery Academy has a few ranges in the area. The main one is in Plano. They also have outdoor ranges. Irving (IBA) has a good outdoor club as well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would second the recommendation for Texas Archery Academy in Plano, texasarchery.info, which is probably 30-40 minutes away from Grapevine. I have shot SYWAT (Shoot Your Way Across Texas) at Bass Pro as well as Cinnamon Creek Ranch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions guys! TAA just opened a range about 10 min away, which would work out really well, and Cinnamon Creek Ranch looks like a great club. I've given him those suggestions and he's going to check them out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts