Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me?

I am looking for a good archery shop in or around Toronto. I am coming over hunting in August and am looking to upgrade my Bow whilst I am over there. I have been looking at either a Hoyt Spyder Turbo or a Mathews ChillR.
If any of you know were there is a good Archery store where I can try out both bows it would be much appreciated.

Also in Australia if you have a game licence and a gun licence there is no waiting period on getting your bow. Is that the same in Canada. Would I need any special papers to be able to purchase the bow?

·
Lowered expectations
15,618 Posts
Nothing right in the city. There are a couple of small shops that specialize in recurve target stuff, but for Hoyt or Mathews you need to drive about 1 1/2 hours minimum. Most people here will recommend "The Bow Shop" in Waterloo, west of Toronto. http://www.bow-shop.com/

No paperwork required.

Oh, and don't be caught saying the word "whilst". :D It's "while".

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
If you have it already down to those bows, I'd check out the Wolf Den archery shop north of Toronto just outside of Barrie. As the stock both brands. http://www.wolfsdensports.com

Matt

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
You keep speaking the Queens English Enver00, don't pay attention to these guys.
My 2c, The Bow shop every time.

·
Lowered expectations
15,618 Posts
He's bleedin' Aussie, mate. Why the bleedin' 'ell would he want to keep speaking the Queen's bleedin' English? :D

·
Lowered expectations
15,618 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what are you planning to hunt in the Toronto area in August? Not a lot of open season that time of year.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I'll second the motion for the Wolfs Den :thumbs_up

·
Registered
382 Posts
Can anyone help me?

I am looking for a good archery shop in or around Toronto. I am coming over hunting in August and am looking to upgrade my Bow whilst I am over there. I have been looking at either a Hoyt Spyder Turbo or a Mathews ChillR.
If any of you know were there is a good Archery store where I can try out both bows it would be much appreciated.

Also in Australia if you have a game licence and a gun licence there is no waiting period on getting your bow. Is that the same in Canada. Would I need any special papers to be able to purchase the bow?
Gagnon in Oshawa and Saugeen Shafts in Peterborough both sell Hoyt. Both have web site so Google is your friend. I'm looking at the Carbon Spyder 30 and Suageen Shafts is $170 cheaper than Gagnon and both places have my model in stock. That's the price of a new sight for me. Plus Suageen has an indoor archery range.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Towards the end of this month East Hill Outdoors should be open.
Their located HWY 115 and the 4th Concession.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
He's bleedin' Aussie, mate. Why the bleedin' 'ell would he want to keep speaking the Queen's bleedin' English? :D
Lol, because we still own own that old convict rock 😜
Only joking, best country I've ever been to, love everything about the place.

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
There are some really good shops suggested but most are going to be an hour or so drive from the big smoke.
Best bet for ya mate is to make a list of these places and give em a holla once you are in town to see what they have before making the trek.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Tent City (Dufferin and Steeles) is a Hoyt dealer and it's basically in the city. Might want to call ahead to what's in stock.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
If you are heading north to Temagami then the Wolf's Den is pretty much enroute from Toronto without swinging too far out of the way.

How long is your stay-over in the big city? The Bow Shop (Waterloo) is worth the slight out of direction if you are renting a car....heck I'll meet you there with one of your country mates from Adelaide that turned Canadian just a couple years ago and who happens to be my best bud.......he can teach you to drive on the right side of the road while you both talk funny and I get a good laugh, :teeth:, of course we can do some shooting while we're at it.......not from the car though, lol.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I was very disappointed with Wolf's Den today. Drove in from Toronto... all excited and ready to spend $1800 on a Hoyt CS 30 complete setup and the customer service was not good (at least for today)... Long story short... lack of communication from the lady with long black hair as to whether or not she is taking my order. Lady disappears upstair and says nothing to me and leaves me standing there giving me the time to decided whether or not I should leave their shop and spend my $1800 to another Hoyt dealer. So I left.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I too have had issues with The Wolf's Den. They are not very knowledgeable when it comes to archery equipment. I really like The Bowshop and I just dropped into Tent City in Toronto. The guy at the desk seemed to know what he was talking about and they had the big name brand bows there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts