Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
3,016 Posts
look through your paper for a free or nearly free horse. They work great. Also try making sucker in a bucket for them it will keep them at the sight for a while.

· Arrow-minded Conservative
3,308 Posts
Molassas

Peanut butter

Pop corn

· Registered
497 Posts
What ever you can find that is cheap or free, sweet or an odor that they like. Anise oil, fish oil, burnt honey, or vanilla. (dog food and syrup works good too)

To get more of them coming in to the bait you can make a lick stick and use bacon and sasuage grease in it. When we could bait here it worked very well.

To make one get a piece of 2-2 1/5" black iron pipe threaded on both ends and two caps, drill 3 or 4 holes in it 1/16" dia. at the bottom and around the center of it, weld a length of chin at the top of the pipe (chain wrapped around a tree next to your bait and locked it so it dosen't walk away) grease will melt and leak out holes in the day frim up at night, bears will get it on the pads of thier feet and leave scent trails that others will follow in to your bait.

· Registered
154 Posts
Large batch of jello over donuts, take a gallon of cheapo pancake syrup from wallymart, douse the trees around it, of freeze the galon, then punch a couple of small pin holes in the bottom before hanging up high in a tree, drive em nuts!!!!

· Registered
3,428 Posts
I just got done popping 55 gal of popcorn takes about an hour to an hour and a half takes about 12 ponds of seed and a hot air popper bears love popcorn and they cant grab one and run like they will do with bigger baits dougnuts meat scraps ect ect they are forced to stay at the site and eat it takes a longer to eat 55 gal of popcorn then 55 gal of pastries then for your stink bait exp during the spring time bears stomachs are not yet ready to digest hard meats during a fall bait I would say get the stinkest stuff you can get but spring is sweet go to eastmans.com and find cammeron hanes bear crack recipie its the best thing I have found yet honey burns work as well but the bear crack just out does every thing els I have tried.

· Registered
3,016 Posts
dare I ask whats a sucker in a bucket?
find a succoer recipie and makeit big enough to fill a 2- 5 gal bucket. put a chain in it before it gets hard so you can lock it to a tree. Use somthing smelley for the flavoring. Annise oil pepermint and the like.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.