Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both sights are around $25.00. The Allen is made in China while the Martin is made in the U.S. Both are 3 pin fiber optic.

The Allen looks a bit more durable with an aluminum dial. The Martin has a bright circular ring around the pin housing that I like.

Which one would you go with?

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
I would save a few more dollars up.AN get somthing a tad better

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suggestions

Like what?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
In the $50 range there are a bunch of different sights.. . and more still at the $65 range... Cobra, Montana Black Gold, Sword, etc...etc... I just got in the new Stealth from Cobra and the sight is all metal with a bubble level and good fiber optics for around $55.

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
I know a archer who had some stuff he didnt need around.He was offering it to folks who needed it.He had a few sights an other things.You may or may not have to paying for the shipping.I will check with him an see if he has anything.

·
Lowered expectations
15,563 Posts
Save up a few more $$$ and get a sight with an all-aluminum housing, or at least something in a more durable plastic, and with longer wrap-around fiber-optics. The really cheap sights are very flimsy and you will regret buying one. I'm not familiar with the Athens, but the Martin has very poor pins.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,515 Posts
If I wanted to buy something of decent quality but couldn't go new I'd keep an eye on the AT classifieds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks All.

I have my eye on a TruGlo brite site - 5 pin with LED. I've read good things about it and won't cost too much either.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Cabelas

Cabelas bargain cave has a nice 4 pin for 29.88, regular 54.99. Looks like a decent sight to me. If I needed one, I would order this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Cabelas bargain cave has a nice 4 pin for 29.88, regular 54.99. Looks like a decent sight to me. If I needed one, I would order this one.
If you are wanting new, always check bargin deals on websites to see if they have anything. Or go to gander and check the bargin bins there. I have done that and came out with some really good stuff for half off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts