Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
WNS delta nx 25" riser, wns c3 and f2 limbs c3 36# and f2 26#. I shoot barebow with yost tab
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black riser and black w/blue on limbs and another set that are black w/red.
Any custom x60 bowstring ideas? Plus serving color?

· Registered
117 Posts
Regardless of string color, I like black servings. That's the part you touch, and anything non-black is going to look dirty over time.

And 60x only makes endless loop strings, if you want a flemish twist you have to go elsewhere.

· Premium Member
HOYT, Easton, Shrewd, Dead Center, Doinker, AAE, Shibuya, Beiter & Leupold ProGuide HD 10X42.
1,835 Posts
My HOYT recurve is dark blue w/grey/silver limbs....White string, black serving over anything touched or in sight window/vision.

· Registered
885 Posts
Kind of like what color car should I buy. Answer: Whatever "floats your boat" and is pleasing to you. I like simple black and white. Black serving on a b/w string. Some say a light color center serving will help you pick up the string blur, but it has not been an issue for me. One thing to keep in mind that camo equipment (and clothing) may not be acceptable if you compete in tournaments. YMMV

· Registered
136 Posts
on my dark blue riser, i was using a flo pink string so that i could see the string blur. the serving was blue to match the bow. but the serving is not in the site window, so does not affect the string blur.

on my white riser, that flo pink is harder to see

· Registered
426 Posts
If you are string walking the serving will probably be in your sight window, and having a bright color helps. It is probably more important that it contrasts with the riser. I use light gray serving, but I'm going to try fluorescent green to see if that helps at all. This is with a blue riser.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.