Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Custom callmaker
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about adding a fletching jig to my collection of accessories.

What do you guys think of the Jo Jan multifletcher? I like the fact that it does multiple arrows and it is lower cost. I know that everyone seems to like the bitz. jig but seems a little pricy for me. And I don't care for the plastic imitations for they only last so long, and the arizona a freind had and he didn't care for it, if you mess up with the glue its all over everything on that style. I only am going to mess with my arrows and maybe a couple freinds will ues it. We all shoot cx300's and use straight offset 4" feathers, and primarly hunt.

comments appreciated
Doug

·
74,535 Posts
Had Both

Go with the Blitzenberger, Its worth the extra bucks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You may want to re-consider the Bitz. I purchased mine in 1982 and it is still cranking. It will outlive me, and when you divide the years of service into the price, it is an outstanding value.
Moreover, it works perfectly for so many variations, configurations and shaft sizes, that I don't know that anyone has improved on it. I only own one, but I use the feather tape for feathers and do an arrow in 30 seconds. My 2 cents

·
Custom callmaker
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.K. The votes are definatly for the Bitz. I read that the jo jan is also able to do alot of variations, more than I would use. JUst wondering how easy that one is to use, and accuracy?

Only concern with the bitz since I never fletched a 1/2 dozen arrows, how long does it take with one unit? I shoot carbon express, and I usually get them dipped. I shoot featers but maybe try vanes? I would like to stick with glue since it seems to work well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts