Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still relatively new to archery and I have recently noticed several people who use kisser buttons. I have never used one but thought it might be a good idea. Upon installation of the button, I realized that in order to use it correctly I would have to dratsically change my form. This has now opened a Pandora's box of questions and I do not have a good local pro shop to seek answers from. Any and all advice/answers will be greatly appreciated.
Does it matter where my anchor point is? When I anchor my index finger rests just under my earlobe. To use the kisser I have to move my anchor point to below my chin. Is my current anchor point incorrect? I have noticed that my arrows tail slightly when shot but I have a perfect bullet hole when I paper tune. Does my anchor point create my tuning problems?
I also fletch my own arrows. I use the blazers vanes and have been using the blazer fletching jig. This jig sets the vanes farther back towards the nock than any other I have seen. I have just assumed that was the way it should be, but do the vanes need to be farther forward? Is this the reason for my arrows tailing? Should I get a different jig? I have also been told to not have a seperate color for the off vane because that is what is creating the "appearance" of the arrow tailing in flight. Is this true?
One final question. What arrow wieght should I be using? I shoot a 60# bow with a 29.5 draw length. Most arrow charts that I have seen put me right on the fence between two different arrow weights, 4560 and 6075 or 350 to 400 grains. I shoot a 100 grain rage 2 blade when I am hunting. I have just replaced the strings on my bow and I am in the process of retuning so now would be the best time to make any necessary changes. Again, any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
418 Posts
its honestly hard to answer all of these questions. the best way for you to get any answers is to post a few pictures of yourself at fulldraw from different angles so we can all see your form etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts