Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my local pro shop owners told me that he's been using buckblaster broadheads for a few years now. Has anybody tried these? He said that every deer he shoots bleeds out (dies) within 30-50 yards. He showed me a pic of a deer he shot last year and it looked like it was shot with a freakin' cannon.

Rocket Aeroheads Buckblaster Broadheads
Rocket Buckblaster Broadheads have 3 stationary and 3 retractable .027" stainless steel blades that are extended 1-1/8" in flight, creating a 2-3/4" cutting diameter. Per 3.
Available 125-grain.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
They make a great cut with a large open channel. The only thing I do not like about them, is they are a one shot wonder. If you get a pass through, or if one of the larger exp. blades contacts a bone......it's next to impossible to get that blade to fit back into its channel so you can use it again. I love them for Turkey though. When it expands upon entry behind the wing.....it's over and you're on your way to having turkey for dinner.

Good luck with whatever you choose......for myself, I'm going back to my Muzzies.

Greg

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I bought some of these for turkey hunting this spring, unfortunately the only shot I got hit the dirt :angry: ! Need to get a few replacement blades for them now! I just took off the fixed blades cause you really don't need them for turkeys.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
Registered
215 Posts
Good heavens!

One of the MANY great things I like about AT, is that I hear about items on the market I have never heard of.

While HALF AFRAID to open this post (thought I musta flipped to a video site, :wink: ), I had never heard of the head.

Thankfully, GOOGLE doesn't charge (yet) so I get to see these items in a few clicks.

OH MY WORD! That thing is HUGE!
POOR BAMBI!

I bet they bleed out fast, it would look like you shot it with a HATCHET!

DOUBT seriously I will buy/shoot/hunt with them, I kinda like something I can miss er uh shoot something with more than once and resharpen.

Hoping the Stingers have the longevity my other Magnus heads have. I have a half dozen that are around 15 years afield and still put em down fast.

I have a "trad" buddy who would like to see these, so he could rant and rave for a couple hours, LOL!

I bet they work though. LORDY!

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
2 3/4"? I thought thet were 3 3/4! You better check that!
Last year I used the Rocket Hammerhead 4L with the 2" cut. My buck died within seconds! The bloodtrail-although short- was easy to find and Stevie Wonder would have found that deer!
Rocket makes those large blade slightly bendable to create a non clotting wound channel and to be able to bend when hitting bones. Think about how easy 3" of blades could hinder penetration when going through the ribs! :wink:

·
DefiantShooter
10,943 Posts
Dang!!!

Me too.............

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Ike said:
Me too.............
LMAO .....that wasnt fair how he worded this thread....he got us and alot of others I am sure :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts