Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After not seeing any deer yet this season I finally got a shot off at a nice doe. After about a half hour I got down and found my arrow. I had good blood on the shaft but between the wet leaves and my partial color blindness I was having trouble finding a. blood trail and since it's thick where I hunt i wasn't sure which way she ran after I lost sight of her.

I decided to back out and come back with my dog Eddie Furry. I took him to where I hit the deer and told him to "find the deer" He took off through the woods and within fifteen minutes found my deer.

For his work me and him split a Big Mac after we got out of the woods.

· SMOKE-N-FINN
1,237 Posts
Isn't it nice to have a good tracking dog. Congrats on the doe, Here is my gal.

· SMOKE-N-FINN
1,237 Posts
She looks like she's dreaming about finding deer.
Probably is, she is an amazing Dog. A few years ago, had a disabled neighbor Mike (RIP) shoot a 6pt., showed up at his camp to help the next am as he couldn't find a thing. It had rained all night and didn't look good. Made a bad shot, thru the guts. She Found it in less than five minutes, 200 yrds away. After finding the bolt burried in the raspberry brush 40 yrds behind where the deer stood.

· Premium Member
7,649 Posts
Looks like Eddie Furry is licking his chops wondering if he get's a backstrap for this... Half a Big Mac,, shame on you. lol :wink:

Congrats !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts