Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Chrismcraney
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys help me out. I'm looking for a good hunting sight for less than or equal to $100. Can you tell me some sights please. Thank you. Oh and if you're selling one you can pm me.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Truglo Archer's Choice Range Rover Single Pin Sight, $90 plus tax & shipping from Lancaster Archery. My total came to $103.82.
Really nice single pin sight. Includes 40 yardage tapes, adjustable rheostat light and quiver mounting plate included.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
i really like my sword twilight hunter sight. bought it new in the package on here for $55.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Sword twilight hunter retails for around $100.
You won't find a better sight for that price.
You can call sword and order it in any pin sizes or colors.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you like single pin sliders the Trophy Ridge Pursuit is a great option. I am completely happy with it!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Guess it depends on what options you think you need and what you will actually use when hunting...

I prefer a simple durable sight with basic windage/elevation adjustments. All-metal arm and housing with protected fiber optics wrapped around the housing.

I use the Copper John Gravedancer, a basic durable sight for about $50. There are other models priced below $100 also.

The Montana Black Gold sights are known to have the brightest pins, but they are pricey as well.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Sword makes a few really nice ones under the $100 mark.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Sword apex 3rd plane with dove tail from bowhunterssuperstore.com
Solid as a rock. Decent light. Tough pins. 3rd axis and dove tail. $95 I think.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
trophy ridge alpha v3 or v5 are good sights with vertical pins and the micro hit-man

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would keep an eye on the classifieds on here. I picked up a great Spot Hogg that retailed upwards of $200 for $100. Just saying....

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
there are four that come to mind, the tru glo archers choice range rover single pin slider, without micro adjust 85-90$,, and the tru glo carbon xs 4 pin, very bright has light with it, housing is carbon fiber so it is very light weight 50-55$
the cobra single pin slider, for about 85$, and the cobra buckhead 5 pin at about 90$... there are others but I have sold a lot of these 4 without problems... I use the range rovers myself on all my bows

·
Chrismcraney
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank y'all for the comments. Found a G5 Optix XR2 for $100. Know anything about these sights?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would keep an eye on the classifieds on here. I picked up a great Spot Hogg that retailed upwards of $200 for $100. Just saying....

X2 that, scan through classifieds, so many good deals on great sights

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I have the g5 and it is okay. The pins are not very bright because they are a bit short. I like the adjustable bottom pin even though I don't use it much.

My off season purchase is going to be a Copper John Mark III five pin. I got a Copper John for my daughters bow and couldn't believe how much brighter her pins were compared to mine. With my old eyes I need brightness too. The big selling point for this sight is that it can be upgraded. You can add things like micro adjustment, dovetail bar, axis leveling, etc if you want to. This way you spend about 90 dollars now and upgrade as the funds free up.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Copper John !

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont know why no one has said HHA but by far there are a better sight. they are made to last full metal lifetime warranty and you can transfer the warranty if u want to sell it:first:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts