Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
107 people arrested across three regions of New York State for illegally shooting deer. Nys Dec Police keep up the good work.

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
Agreed!

·
Hucklebuck’s
13,998 Posts
everyone needs to get involved they rely heavily on our tips to catch these guys and yes good job to the dec law enforcment div.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Now here is an great opportunity for them to make some money... Take everything... fine them huge... never let them hunt again... :thumbs_up:amen:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Amen to that. I don't understand why they sometimes fine them but let them keep hunting. Take those licenses away, that will serve as the best deterrent for others considering similar illegal activity. Good job.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Saw it in the paper this morning. There were a bunch about 15 minutes from where I hunt. I hope they lose the licenses to hunt. I can't say enough about our EnCon Officers. We had a problem last year with people sneaking on the backside of our property. I called them up and one of them gave me his cell number and said to call him if there was a problem. We resolved the issue ourselves with the trespassers. This year no trespassers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Agreed 150 %, I have 2 friends that are NYS ENCON and they are doing one heck of a job this year. Especially with out of staters and hunting without licenses since the price went up. :rock: :rock:

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
nice. glad to know there doing there job well. hate poachers

·
Registered
858 Posts
Wow

Do you have an article, I would love to read it. I actually seen someone busted by the Decoy deer they use down around Centerville.

·
Bettering the last.....
5,727 Posts
thrilled about this. what is not cool is some of these folks have been arrested for the same stuff previously.

i am tickled pink they have boosted enforcement. Think theyre way behind on the trespassing aspect though.

here is a list of the region slobs in another thread
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1082355

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
:thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Good to hear, there was a huge bust not far from my house, when they introduced the new management units, a few guys decided they would shoot deer they didn't have tags for in the region and tagged them with DMPs for other regions! It wil cost the 3 dirtbags up to $6K

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Saw this today,, worst part is what will they actually pay in fines? With the court system I see everything trickles down to a lil fine and a slap on the wrist. Awsome Job DEC!

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Heard it on the radio this AM. "Deer Jacking" at an all time high this year. Lots busted for hunting at night. Kudos to DEC. These A-holes ruin things for those of us who abide.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts