Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need another release to finish out the season. What is a good mid priced release? I need one that is shorter than most or will adjust to a smaller length.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Need another release to finish out the season. What is a good mid priced release? I need one that is shorter than most or will adjust to a smaller length.
The Tru Ball Short & Sweet II is one of the absolute best mid priced releases on the market.Not as good as the high end but way better than most in it's price range imo.

http://www.truball.com/ShortNSweet_S2.html

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'd check out the Scott Caliper and Quick Shot Caliper.

good luck, dv

·
Registered
805 Posts
What is a good mid priced release?
Tru-fire Hurricane
Tru-ball Tornado
Scott Shark

All adjust for length and cost between $45-$70

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the hurricane is what I have. It has lasted about a year and has gone nutso. I'll send it back to TruFire, but will have to be after season is over.

·
Registered
805 Posts
What is it doing? Mine was acting up so I cleaned it really good and been fine since. I was opening pre-mature and seemed like it was hanging up.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Define mid priced. The Scott releases with the NCS are infinitely adjustable and can be very short if you want. The one I have ran about $70 though, not cheap. Jim fletcher makes a similar style release in the flathead and shorty, cost around $50 I think.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Scott Little Bitty Goose, Wildcat or Silver Horn. For Wildcat or Silver Horn, get the rope or ncs system for more adjustability.

·
Registered
436 Posts
A release is like a scope on a rifle, its the most important accessory you will buy for your bow. Don't skimp on the price buy the best you can afford. A good release will make a smoother shot making you more consistant. Most top end model wrist strap styles cost around 65-80 bucks, with the prices of most sights and rest these days I would say thats not much to spend for a better shot and accuracy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts