Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Greg B. here from S.E. Mass. Been bow hunting since 93 and just love being in the woods in a tree EVERY day during the season. I am lucky enough to be able to and to have a great private farm to do it on. Last season I took 7 deer with my bow all within 20 yards and most within 10 yards. We have so many deer in the area that you can get almost as many doe tags as you want. I have some customers that love to eat venison even more than me so most of the deer go to them as they do not hunt. I also hunt two farms in up state NY that both have very good deer herds on them. Ok enough rambeling just thought it was time to say Hello.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
wow,You are so lucky,I'm happy if I see 10 deer all season in pioneer valley.I've been hearing that tne SE section of the state is the place to go.Do you know of any good state land in your area that I could check out?
Thanks Steven

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ma

Were at in MASS ya'll from. Im in the military but grew up in fall river. was just woundering if any one knows of a good realistate broker. I will be retirine in 4 year from USMC and I will be looking to purchuse so farm land myself. If any one knows a good one drop me a line
Thank you
Roger

And welcome to AT This place is great

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Welcome guys. Used to be the western part of the state had all the deer. Now it's our turn. But don't put it off or there will be a housing development right where you hunt before you know it. There is no farmland left to speak of here, what is left will sell for way more than most of us can afford. House lots are 200k and up for the minimum required lot. If you can gain permision to hunt a farm, treat it like a gold mine, and the owner too. Just under a month to go, good luck to all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the worm welcome guys I am from Fairhaven and hunt farms in Westport, Dartmouth and Matt. all are posted and only I hunt them hence all the deer each season. Red44 what area are you from? Bowjunkie2 there are some very goods spots down this way that the state has bought in the last few years in fact one of my favorite spots was sold by my company to the state just 3 years ago. If you would like some info on them I will pm you my cell #. Redwolf I picked up a new spot to hunt this fall just over the line from Fall River in Westport we are doing a new subdivition there and the place is torn up with deer sign . It has lots of white oaks and they are dropping this year. When it gets closer to you coming back send me a note.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Me and crash are practicly neighbors, I'm in E Bridgewater. I pretty much just chase the local subdivision shrub eaters, no need to go far. Camo is to hide from people.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Hey there

MQ2

AT is awesome. Welcom to the class fellow Mass resident (I am from central Ma).

Keep well and shoot straight this fall.

Will

·
Banned
8,395 Posts
welcome to AT.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts