Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will make this as short as i can. After talking to my neighbors around our new hunting land I heard about a handicapped guy that was booted off the property edge by the previous owner. He had permission to hunt on the neighbors but he was about ten yards into the land I bought. I told the neighbor that it would be ok if he wanted to put his stand back where he had it for the upcoming season. I have placed rules on the friends and family that come and hunt this property, as to mature deer only and rack restrictions. I didnt get to talk to this guy before he put his stand up and i was wondering if you guys think I would come off as a jerk to tell hi8m he has to follow these rules or find a new place to hunt? Just looking at getting your opinions and being a good neighbor.

·
Registered Elker
7,715 Posts
rutnstrut said:
Your land your rules,it's as simple as that.
It really is that simple.

·
In constant pursuit of...
8,435 Posts
rutnstrut said:
Your land your rules,it's as simple as that.
And so it goes, when i get permission to hunt someones land, I always talk with them about such things, sometimes I even ask them if they would like me to take a doe first for herd reduction, I ask for permission to bring a friend or maybe one of my sons or daughters, but I also tell them that I will not drive on their land , I will respect their land and the permission they have given me and I alwys treat the permission as though it is just for the one season and I visit all of my land owners in person each year to obtain permission for the next season. I offer free services of my work and time to them. Some of the land that I hunt has been in families for over 100years and I watch for any suspicious activity for them as well. If you are going to give him or her the chance to hunt your property, They should respect you and the permission given to them. Some of the permission I get is written permission and the land owner will give me a card with his signature and the dates thru which I can hunt.
Thank You for allowing anyone to hunt your land, it makes you special.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
It's really up to you. Being he is handicapped is he going to really hunt very much? If not, I would tell him of the rules put into place and you would really appreciate it if he would abide as well. If he doesn't then don't let him hunt next year.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I hunt a buddy's property and it is that simple. I can't shoot anything that isn't wider than the ears.

·
Registered
372 Posts
im sure he will be fine with yor rules. if not then ask him to not come back.

·
Registered
782 Posts
FULLTIMEHUNTER said:
It's really up to you. Being he is handicapped is he going to really hunt very much? If not, I would tell him of the rules put into place and you would really appreciate it if he would abide as well. If he doesn't then don't let him hunt next year.
It is your land and He is hunter just like anyone else... I don't think the fact that he is handicapped should matter one way or the other.

If he goes in shooting up young bucks the result will still be the same as if it were done by a non handicapped person.:darkbeer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts