Archery Talk Forum banner

GOOD NEWS - update, & decent end to my OP

583 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AdvanTimberLou 
#1 ·
I copied my OP below, you may recall it. Many folks chimed in and helped, and gave many well wishes! Thank you.

Well, I shot a doe a few nights ago from the same stand, and upon dragging her in, I FOUND MY ARROW that I never found in night of the OP story of hitting a monster and not seeing the arrow. Well, found it 30 yards from the shot, the arrow was broken off right at the insert, so I am assuming the broadhead only penetrated, which means, more than likely, this big guy lives on. I feel bad about an injured animal, yes. But I feel confident he did not curl up and die only to become coyote bait.

It will be an easier winter.

OP:
Monster Hit, to my surprise
Had a big stud, many points (tried not to look) at 10 yards two hours ago. I was shaking BADLY. I mean BADLY. Never had a monster in front of me like this. Tried to breath, and squeeze softly. He busted/saw me at the split second ran ten yards, I grunted, he paused, I let it rip (aim small miss small I said). I did NOT see the hit, thought I missed. Not sure why I didn't see the arrow. Heard what I thought was the ground. Waited 1 hr. Got down. Inspected scene. No arrow. White hair. No blood. Shot was Quartering away. Could not believe it. I really thought I missed.

When in stand, I saw him run to a ridge at 80 y. Stop. And walk slowly away. Wheezed back at me once. I grunted once. He walked slowly away.

Found blood, good blood, increasing blood, saw bright red blood, no gut or food, backed out. Going in at 9 with 2 expert guys to help find.

Wish me luck, will report back. Please, no bashing, I want advice.

Anyone in Fort Wayne IN know of a tracking dog? Call Kelly, 260.409.2632.

See less See more
#3 ·
I hope he is out there for you to take another shot at him.

Deer are tough animals, as they have to be for what nature tosses their way.

Thanks for the follow up and hope you have future success!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.