Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Liv4Rut
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

To make a long story short I don't know much about traditional equipment but I do have a 60# Damon Howatt Mamba that was given to me as a means of payment for helping a buddy. My buddy rarely used the bow because he bought it brand new and it was simply too much bow for him.

I have had good intentions of trying to learn to shoot it but after having it three years I know it isn't going to happen and especially now since I have a new born.

I had a guy offer me $200 bucks for it at a bowshoot and was wondering if this was a fair price. It is a beautiful bow and only has a few light scuff marks in a couple of spots. I would say it is at least 85% new condition. It's got less marks than my hunting bow does.

This is how the label reads. All I am wondering if it was a fair price or not because I honestly don't know. Thanks in advance!!

Right Hand
60# @ 28
AMO 58
Mamba
By Damon Howatt

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
He said a Damon Howatt Mamba. You know, a pre-Martin Mamba? You can't compare the price of a new Mamba to a Howatt as if it's a Howatt, it's probably from the 1960s-1970s...

im pretty sure howatt still makes the bow it just says martin on it now

·
Liv4Rut
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to post a pic, but I couldn't figure it out. I looked for the serial number and the only number I seen was HM 5637 but I am not sure what that means. When you look at the bow It has a sticker of a snake that says Mamba underneath it and then a few inches from that it has a sticker that says Damon Howatt. I do not see any martin stickers on the bow, but not sure if there would be one there or not. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think Martin bought the Howatt plant in 76'.

I had a mid 80's Mamba that sounds similar to yours and didn't have Martin marked on it anywhere.

$200 is probably a fair price for it locally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts