Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have some good plans for DIY plans for building bunk beds for the deep camp. Preferably a plan diagram to upload, youtube link, or other reference. Something simple, quick, and effective.

From my initial online searches I have not found anything I feel is really effective and efficient. Any help or references would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
We use a simple design that only requires;

2 bed spring frames
4 2x6's cut to desired height of bed placed at each corner
16 1/2" bolts, nuts, and washers to attach frames to 2x6's
2 2x4's placed diagonally at each end to stiffen bed

Takes about 15 minutes to set up.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Just watch Step brothers....

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
8 2x4's 3 2x6 for each box and 1/2 inch plywood 2 sheets 2 inch dry wall screws and 3 inch dry wall screws.
box dimensions twin 79 inch sides 39 inch ends inserted inside sides.
2x4 corners doubled---1 outside 8 15 inch cuts for each end of the inside 40 inch for between the boxes.
inside of each corner goes 15 then 6(for box) 40 for middle then 6 (for box) then 15 for top. total length for corners 82 inches.
secure inside part of the corners to the outside 2x4 with 2 inch screws. attach the corners to the boxes with 3 inch screws into the end part of 2x6 and 2 inch on the other aspect to provide 4 pt anchor to each box connection.
total cost this month 100 per set.
Sorry for the long directions.
Have made 4 sets and have held up to my kids and hold me easily 240 lbs.
Roy

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you fellas.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
If space is tight, consider bunks that fold up against the wall when not in use. Use a heavy duty hinge to secure them to the wall, fold them up and out of the way and hook them to the wall. Fold them down and use 2x4's for legs that fold down and out when needed, and fold up and in against the bunk bed frame when up against the wall (kind of like a card table leg).

Lien2

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If space is tight, consider bunks that fold up against the wall when not in use. Use a heavy duty hinge to secure them to the wall, fold them up and out of the way and hook them to the wall. Fold them down and use 2x4's for legs that fold down and out when needed, and fold up and in against the bunk bed frame when up against the wall (kind of like a card table leg).

Lien2
Nice call !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts