Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
PSE Brute Force Lite 70lb dw, 27.5 in Easton axis 340 100 gr HIT insert a/ custom wrap125 gr Rage BH
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good rangefinder, would love one of the luepold full draws or Garmin A1i’s but really not sure which route to go. Any advice pros and cons of both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
5,856 Posts
I would go with a hand held range finder rather then a bow mounted lazer sight, but I would not go with one with a range of 1200 yards like you posted
A Muddy or TideWe range finder for less then 100 bucks will work just fine for any type of bow hunting

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
I bought a Garmin A1i pro for my V3 27 and liked it so much I put one on my V3X too. By the end of January they are supposed to have their bridge lock riser adapter out for the V3X.

Smartest sight I’ve used. The price is high, but I have no use for a handheld rangefinder. It’s very accurate and very capable.

Semper Fi,
Mike

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I have a leupold also and really like it… down side is they only warranty the POS for 2 years… go with another company that stands behind their product like vortex.

when my first leupolds red reticle faded to where I couldn’t read it after 3 years, they offered me a new model for 60 or 70% of full msrp. Plus shipping both ways, taxes.

since I was already into it for shippingit out I decided to go with it, didn’t realize they were going to hit me with return shipping.

New one has lasted 1.5 years so far. Tbr 1600i or something like that. Hopefully the red retical issue is fixed.

·
Registered
PSE Brute Force Lite 70lb dw, 27.5 in Easton axis 340 100 gr HIT insert a/ custom wrap125 gr Rage BH
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow didn’t know that about luepold, I have a pair of their binos that I love. Wife has a pair of vortex I got her for Christmas and both are about the same when looking thru them. Warranty and how robust they are (I tend to break things) are a huge factor for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I personally have the Leopold RX-Fulldraw 4 and love it. Highly recommended.
Ditto on the Leopold RX-Fulldraw 4. I have had mine for almost a year with lots of hunts and no problems yet. I have had issues with cheaper range finders fogging up when it’s raining, or giving different distances for dark vs light colored targets at the same distance but not so with this one.

·
Registered
27,913 Posts
I have two Sig Kilos.....a 1200 with regular gray/black readout that I got on sale a few years ago. It has been very accurate and durable, so I got a Sig Kilo 2000 for Christmas '20 with red LED readout that I've used quite a bit over the past year. At this point, nothing I have personally experienced has nudged me away from Sig.

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
5,856 Posts
OP ask
"luepold full draws or Garmin A1i’s but really not sure which route to go. Any advice pros and cons of both "

I have neither so no opinon, The Heartland Bowhunter guys have been using the Garmin's for years

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Luepold full draw 4

1 - 20 of 21 Posts