Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am about to buy a Reflex Gamegetter. Not the fastest or the lightest bow, but it seems a good choice for a finger shooter who has been out of the game for a while. Thinking about a Cobra Sidewinder or a Black Gold Workhorse sight. I am also thinking of trying a WhiskerBiscuit rest, but must decide first on whether I am going to go with carbon or aluminum arrows to hunt with. So I may just start out with a flipper rest. Any suggestions?
I am leaning toward Muzzy 4-blades for hunting points.

·
Registered
548 Posts
now for a finger rest i really like the NAP Quiktune 750. its more adjustable than a whisker bisquit. now for the sights you were looking at definately go with the Black Gold. they are a well built sight and they have a lifetime guarantee on them as well. for arrows id definately choose carbons. they dont cost anymore than aluminums and they are more durable too. you can get a dozen carbon hunting arrows now days for around 50 bucks.

·
Registered
469 Posts
A Rest for Both Carbon and Aluminium Arrows

I would reccomend getting the Droptine model whisker biscuit for aluminium arrows. This rest would allow you the option of shooting either aluminium arrows up to 22XX or ICS carbon arrows without any adjustments to the rest. You would also be able to shoot any style of fletch including Turbonocks from this rest. Your arrows can have the cock vane up down or sideways they will still fly off this rest. The whisker biscuit is a very quiet, accurate, and reliable rest. Rain snow, sleet, or high winds this rest will keep your arrow where it belongs in order for you to make your shot. Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
465 Posts
For finger shooting hands down the cavalier freeflyte. You can use one of he 2 spine points or a plunger. definately a flipper plunger or sideplate combo. And I would go with the blackgold. sight.
Arrows? your call I shoot fingers and shoot aluminums. for fifty bucks you not going to find a carbon as straight or as accurate as a aluminum for the same price. They are more durable though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, guys. I ended up going with the Cavalier Free Flyte rest and the Black Gold Workhorse sight. I have half a dozen XX75s to get back in shape with, and ordered a half-dozen Beman Ventures for hunting arrows. It's nice to be involved with archery and bowhunting again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts