Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old Lacrosse Alphaburlys are 10yrs old. Fit like a glove. Finally sprung a leak. Tread is now coming free.
I got new ones mid season but they are way wider than the old ones. Built for a silverback if you ask me. Not comfortable on longer treks. Rub my heel raw. Searched high & low for a new/old stock pair of the other ones to no avail.

Any recommendations on brand or style in the 800-1000gm market for narrow feet?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Cabelas Dura tech are nice and if you can wait they go on sale for like $60.You can also check the "Bargain Cave" for deals.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

·
Strictly Public Land
12,305 Posts
Irish setter rutmaster 2.0 are pretty narrow and have good ankle support.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Irish setter rutmaster 2.0 are pretty narrow and have good ankle support.
Those are pretty narrow however the calf is ginormous on the larger feet size I could fit both of my legs in 1 boot in mine even with them cinched all the way down. The lacrosse models I half to cinch almost to get tight

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For completeness sake, I drove out to a place that carried a lot of brands.

The Mucks don't fit the bill. The Rutmaster 2.0 800s do fit nice! I didn't think the uppers are too wide if you tuck & cinch.
As for durability, time will tell. I still wish Lacrosse never changed. I don't want to mess around with buying and mailing back Cabelas boots if I don't like them. Nearest one is 2 hours away. But they do look nice.

The rutmaster is a little tough to get on but once you're in, it's really nice. They're twice as easy to get off, which is usually the hard part. Hope they hold up.

Thanks for suggestions.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The lacrosse aerohead boots are very comfortable. I have both the 3.5mm and 7mm. Fit like a tennis shoe and I don't have wide feet. Looks like they changed the style a little bit this year, but still worth checking out.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,273 Posts
My old Lacrosse Alphaburlys are 10yrs old. Fit like a glove. Finally sprung a leak. Tread is now coming free.
I got new ones mid season but they are way wider than the old ones. Built for a silverback if you ask me. Not comfortable on longer treks. Rub my heel raw. Searched high & low for a new/old stock pair of the other ones to no avail.

Any recommendations on brand or style in the 800-1000gm market for narrow feet?
I was a HUGE Lacrosse fan until they went to China. IF you owned a pair that had USA on the logo and THEN bought a pair made in China the differences were very noticeable. Matter of fact that's how I found out they weren't made in the USA anymore. I had used them for decades and then the last pair I bought felt cheap and didn't fit the same. Started looking and no USA on the logo......grabbed the old pair and it had it.

I'm not a total die hard "buy USA guy"......but they just weren't the same anymore. I went and tried some Muck boots and they are more comfortable fit my narrow feet better than the Lacrosse boots do (now) and maybe better than they ever did.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I have narrow feet and Aeroheads work well for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts