Archery Talk Forum banner

good season turned into nightmare!

481 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  davejohnson2
ok this year was my first year hunting PA (i'm a non resident) and the first thing that shocked me was the price, 127$ for the maybe 3 days i would be out there. well the first morning i see nothing. it worries me a little and i have all afternoon to think about it. well at noon we decide to go for a drive ad look for deer to stalk. about 100yards down the road we see a buck about 30yards off. i get out and the deer runs about 100 yards and keeps feeding. i stalk to about 40yards and shoot. the deer jumps, goes back to feeding and about 2-3 minutes later falls over dead.YES!!! i got a buck, a basket 7. i take the deer home and it is the end of a short but sucessful buck hunt right?.... wrong! today while doe hunting the first deer in the field is a huge 8 with a broken brow!!!:eek: at 10yards broadside!!! and he stays like that for about 10 minutes feeding until he sees the truck:doh: and runs taking 4 other bucks with him, 2 of the others were also bigger than the one i shot. never did see a doe, just 5 bucks. usually it is the other way around. sigh..... oh well.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,345 Posts
let me get this straight...your season turned into a nightmare because you shot a buck? i went out saturday in PA and didn't see anything at all...

you should feel lucky you got the chance to shoot one...congrats :wink:

· Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, just that i had the biggest buck of my life 10 yards away and used my tag on a lil guy. thanks for the congrats though.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.