Archery Talk Forum banner

Good Spoltlights, anyone?

529 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  PAKraig
Well I got a spotlight from my in laws for Christmas last year and it lets me see about 20 yds into the fields. As many of you know that doesn't cut it when you wanna go shining.

Anyone know of a really good spotlight?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Straight Shooter
6,661 Posts
Brinkmann

Brinkmann Q-Beam spotlights. I have had great luck with these over the years, and trust me, I've tried a bunch.

Right now I have a Q-Beam 1,000,000 candlepower cordless. It's great for spotting/shining, even though it's a bit on the heavy side due to the battery, it's nice to not have a cord to untangle everytime you want to use it. It comes with 2 batteries, 2 chargers 1 AC, 1 DC, and at least a blue and red lens, all for around $50 (Just checked Brinkmann's website, looks like they make the same spotlight in a 2,000,000 candlepower now.)

The batteries last awhile when spotting, they're supposed to be 20 minutes continuous usage, which I believe, but when going from field to field for an hour or so, 1 battery will do. If you're planning on a long night of spotting with 1 or 2 other people, be sure to take both fully charged batteries.

Oh, and don't run the battery completely dead. I made this mistake with a previously owned Q-Beam. Make sure there's a little juice left when you go to charge it, otherwise it won't hold a charge at all anymore....:darkbeer:

· Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually kinda like them plugging into the outlet in the truck but I will give these a look.

· Registered
622 Posts
I own both the Brinkman Cordless and corded model. I love the cordless for in the duck boat when setting decoys and as a secondary spotter. The corded one is way brighter. If you are going to be in a vehicle go with corded.

· Straight Shooter
6,661 Posts
Check the link to their website in my previous post, they also make a Q-Beam Max Million III. This one plugs into the cigarette lighter/12v plug in your vehicle. Looks like it's a little less expensive too.

And for what it may be worth, I have no affiliation with the company, financially or otherwise, just happy to help advertise for a company that makes quality products that've treated me well :wink:

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
I just bought a 15 million candlepower one off ebay. It's really big and kinda heavy but it is like the sun shining.

· Registered
110 Posts
Brinkmann spotlights are great spotlights. I had a 3 million candlepower one for a year or so. My and my 2 buddies were out spotlighting for skunks and ***** 2 summers ago and the Game Warden pulled us over. Somebody had called Game Fish and Parks TIPS program and they said we were spotlighting deer. We are all avid and hunters and would never poach deer out of season because we enjoy the rush of hunting them during the real season. Luckily, the Game Warden was a nice guy and he knew we weren't poaching deer. We all walked away with a $104 and i lost my spotlight. It was an amazing spotlight for the year i had it.

· Registered
7,438 Posts
If it says Q-Beam on it your good to go:wink:.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.