Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi to all the great dudes Iv met in this forum and it's good to back in the swing of things again after a 5 month leap of absence from here. Shoot straight fellas

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas! Just had to set the bow down for a while.

I can't wait to get back in the run of things and start some 3d shoots and pig hunting

·
Traditonal by Choice
1,112 Posts
Welcome Home!

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
Welcome back bro, I had to put the bow down for a month due to a bad shoulder and lack of time due to a new job, I'm almost back to 100%, just going to wait another couple weeks to fully heal it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sure hope everything heals 100%.

What happened? It just flare up and start hurting?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Welcome back! I had to go through a two month layoff last summer...injured my shoulder and tendonitis from overdoing it with a 55# recurve....

·
32,710 Posts
Welcome back! I had to go through a two month layoff last summer...injured my shoulder and tendonitis from overdoing it with a 55# recurve....
Welcome back and I've seen so many over in the wheelie section shooting 70lb bows who have rotary problems......hope you mended well and what poundage will you be shooting now if I might ask?

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
I sure hope everything heals 100%.

What happened? It just flare up and start hurting?
Yeah I had a rotater cuff injury 10 years ago, I was shooting my bow everyday and eventually it started to flare up so bad i could barely pull my bow back without my neck feeling like it was broken, I believe that injury is coming back because I really never got it 100% healed

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I now shoot for form and practice with a 35# Tamerlane, and have a 45# Grizzly and Kodiak Hunter for hunting, but can limit the number of shots daily with those bows. I like to shoot for over an hour in the summer and every night with heavier bows gave me tendonitis, numb fingertips and rotator cuff issues. With my glass Ben Pearson or Tamerlane I can shoot as long as I want, as often as I want.
The one that put the hurt on me is a 55# Sage. Too much for daily practice.
The older we get, the more we have to pay attention to this kind of stuff...

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
I'm going to buy a new bow soon, not sure what though, was thinking a Hoyt buffalo or a bob lee signature, that's when I'll starting to shoot the stick again, I've shot my compound a few times but it gets so damn boring quick

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Iv owned 2 buffalos at the same time brother way back when they came out.

Now owning my DAS with carbon Dryad LB limbs, the buffalo preforms nothing like this bow I currently shoot

The 40lb 60" was a dream to 3d shoot all day long. You just didn't have much option with shaft choices being cut 1/8.

I would kill to get a bob lee some day

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
Iv owned 2 buffalos at the same time brother way back when they came out.

Now owning my DAS with carbon Dryad LB limbs, the buffalo preforms nothing like this bow I currently shoot

The 40lb 60" was a dream to 3d shoot all day long. You just didn't have much option with shaft choices being cut 1/8.

I would kill to get a bob lee some day
Yeah I'm leaning towards the bob lee or a ilf set up, I'm a huge fan of their compounds, only reason why I considered it but I wasn't going to buy new, there is a shop that has used buffalos for 300$, but still leaning towards a Bob lee because they are made 15 mins down the road from where I work, so I can go there and shoot one and order a custom one face to face with Bob Lee himself

1 - 19 of 19 Posts