Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The BowTech Tribute took top honors in Field and Stream's compound bow Gear of the Year tests. Six bowhunters chose it over 7 other bows. IMO, a well deserved honor.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Well deserved indeed. I have shot so many bow and cant believe anyone would pick somthing other than the tribute for huting purposes IMO

·
Registered
218 Posts
The Tru Glo Trusite Extreame got top honors also, Very good site IMHO.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,329 Posts
A Mathews/ Elite guy shot mine last night and commented that there was no vibration in that bow. Now I have a lot of stuff on my bow... STS, PSE NV's, Sims mod. stabilizer. But my bow is pretty quite and smooth.

·
Registered
13,924 Posts
I think the F & S and Outdoor Life bow of the year articles are a big farce. F & S picks the Tribute and OL puts the Tribute in 3rd place. When a bow is that good, how do you end up with a 1st and a 3rd. Next, look at the bows they tested. There were several good bows that did not even make the test, yet they tested bows that almost no one buys. I am in no way down on the tribute, it is a great bow and Bowtech is in the top 3 for me in choosing an '07 model. I just think that when it comes to the top 8-10 bows that are sold, it is such a personal thing how can you pick the best. I think something in the line of a Consumer Reports type test would be the best. Test them in several areas and make comments, list reliability history, show options and then give a "Best Buy" awards and a "Recommended" list. We know what we like and what we are looking for. We can then take this info and go to the proshop and shot the ones that interest us the most and make the best decision for us.

What do you all think?

A

·
0 Posts
I personally dont care what Field and Stream, Bowsite or any other person thinks is the best bow I just went out and shot all the bows that I was interested in and could get my hands on and shot them for MYSELF and then decided what was the BEST bow for me. I did end up with the Tribute thought :wink: It all personal feel folks. We are all luck today that there are a lot of awesome bows out there for us. Makes archery fun for everyone. Just my .02 cents
Bob

·
Registered
771 Posts
anyone ever use that "Zeiss" site that is pictured on that bow?

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that you ask :)

That's all I shoot. I shoot Zeiss on 3 BowTech bows, Allegience, Tribute and Defender. More and more bowhunters are realizing that there IS a better way than with peep sights and it's small, simple and foolproof even for folks like me :)

My point on the F&S article where Bowtech took top honors is that BowTech is equal or, IMHO, better overall than any bow on the market right now. Yes that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I personally thought the Outdoor Life test with BowTech in third was a farce :).

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
That's all I shoot. I shoot Zeiss on 3 BowTech bows, Allegience, Tribute and Defender. More and more bowhunters are realizing that there IS a better way than with peep sights and it's small, simple and foolproof even for folks like me :)
Link?

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I love both my Tribute and Allegiance:)
I'm just trying to figure out how to make room for an 07 and an Old Glory;)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
No doubt, Bowtech came up with a winner when they designed the Tribute. I love mine too.

These bow tests and comparisons are very subjective. I know many archers, especially new ones, are looking for some expert, Pro or publication to verify they made a good bow choice, but who cares. If you are happy and shoot well with your bow, regardless of brand or model, that's all that matters. :wink:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
What kinda stabilizer do you have on that??

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Specialty Archery

It's very light in weight. Don't need extra weight on these bows since there is virtually no recoil anyway. I use mine for a "kickstand" :) so I don't have to lay it down flat on the ground.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts