Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Gorilla glue blue cap is all I would use for a long time! I have recently tried AAE Max Bond for all of my AAE vanes and they work better for those, but for an all around great glue, I think that the Gorilla Glue blue cap is hard to beat.
Blue lid impact tough for most everything but I agree the AAE Max hunters would not stay on my wraps with it. Bought the AAE glue and they're stuck now!

·
Rocky Hill
1,416 Posts
I use the Blue cap Gorilla Super Glue and never have any problems! As far a re-fletching, I cut them off with my razor knife, soak the shaft in Acetone for 5 minutes or less, and what ever is left on the shaft just wipes off with a rag. Glue and what is left of the fletching comes right off. Piece of cake as they say.

Rocky

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have used the gel on my blazers/wraps and the Impact tough Gorilla Glue on the inserts and have been very impressed with the results. I do rough up the inside of the shaft and clean it with alcohol prior to installing the inserts and they have stayed in even after some bad impacts.
JB

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Just incase someone was curious,
I tried the regular gorilla glue on aluminums and it did not do so well. I used AAE max vanes. The glue stuck to the vanes well but not to the aluminums shafts very well. The monkey glue is a no-go for aluminums.

Attachments

·
Rocky Hill
1,416 Posts
Gorrilla was 12#
G5 blu glue was 50#
I also tested two or three other glues but i cant find the pics and dont remeber the numbers but g5 was the highest
Why don't you post results of Gorilla Super Glue (Impact Tough) with the Blue cap on a carbon arrow, it has been determined that the gel is crap! imo You wont be able to pull a blazer off a carbon shaft with Gorilla Super Glue Blue cap, it will tear off before it comes off the shaft!

Rocky

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.