Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Gorillas seem to have the same tapered thread design as the cranfords...just wondering if anyone has been able to compare them. THanks.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
A few years ago i tried some of the Gorillas and they are essentially the same taper and ease to screw into tree but what i found annoying was the bend in the shank that really dug into your instep when climbing on them. When laid side by side =you will notice the difference in the bends and it is really uncomfortable when standing on one. Just my experience but they seem to be the same otherwise and cheaper.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few years ago i tried some of the Gorillas and they are essentially the same taper and ease to screw into tree but what i found annoying was the bend in the shank that really dug into your instep when climbing on them. When laid side by side =you will notice the difference in the bends and it is really uncomfortable when standing on one. Just my experience but they seem to be the same otherwise and cheaper.
Thanks for the info...I do know that Gorilla has vortex with a 'magnum' designation...they could have a longer step now.

The gorillas are basically 20% cheaper...that adds up.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I am interested if anyone has used Gorilla's Vortex screw in step also.....the threads look as good as Cranfords. Gorilla looks to have a bit of texture on the step for a grip also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts