Archery Talk Forum banner

Got a deer yesterday. First of season.

805 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  jhart75609
I shot this doe yesterday afternoon. I came back from hunting and she was standing in the woods off of my front yard. I shot her from 32yds. She went around 20yds then dropped. Now that I have meat for the freezer I can focus on a buck. Sorry for pic quality there from my cell phone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7,438 Posts
Congrats

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Brown Co Indiana??......Wait I know that doe!!! That's the one that I couldn't get drawn on the first wekend. That's Gertrude!! If not it looks just like her. Were in in my blind??

Seriously congrats.

I've been putting my fresh loin in A-1 marinade, and setting a chunk on the grill for about 6 min a side at about 375. Wow!! Try it out, I think you'll like it!

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brown Co Indiana??......Wait I know that doe!!! That's the one that I couldn't get drawn on the first wekend. That's Gertrude!! If not it looks just like her. Were in in my blind??

Seriously congrats.

I've been putting my fresh loin in A-1 marinade, and setting a chunk on the grill for about 6 min a side at about 375. Wow!! Try it out, I think you'll like it!
LOL I hope I wasn't in your blind. Cause if I was you where hunting on my land.

P.S Sorry about Gertrude!:shade::teeth:

· Registered
1,281 Posts
My big mouth got me in trouble again!!

I hunt real close to Nashville. I see some good deer there, haven't gotten an arrow in one yet, but I'm trying. I start two weeks of vacation the 25th, so I plan on being down that way. I always have good luck with the horns down there during Halloween week. I really like the area. I'm from KY so it reminds me a lot of home. The wife and I have talked about moving that way if we ever get to retire.

Good luck with the buck!! Save me one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.