Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my fathers friends gave me a very nice gift today. He suprised me with a brand new Buck Pro-Line Alpha Hunter with a gut hook. First impressions were the knife is very well made, very thick blade that is scary sharp. Looks to be a very well made knife! Hopefully I'll get to use it next weekend on a big 'ole buck! Any others have this knife? If your lookin for a hunting/gutting knife, I would suggest taking a look at this one!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats a sweet knife man! Thanks for posting the picture for me!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
fultontx said:
Here's my latest knife... it ought to be comin in the mail purty soon :darkbeer:

too shiney...you will scare all the deer away

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I just got the bear cub from knives of alaska & it is sweet. I'm going to give it a nice workout this fall.:becky:

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
This is my hunting knifes... Basically like yours, but folding... I LOVE this knife...

Here is my 2nd favorite knife, works REAL well for skinning and butchering purposes, as well as hunting (my dad uses one for hunting..

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
KOA boarhunter knives

The one on the bottom is the one I have. This is the best knife I have ever use, Blades are sharp out the factory but a little touch up and it will shave hairs. The blade will hold the sharpness for a long time, I haven't sharpen mine in a year and it's still can shave hair like when I first got it. The buck knives are nice but after I bought my KOA I sold all my buck knives and kabar knives. I don't really like knife with the gutting blade but that is just my personal preference.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
bigbowman14 said:
too shiney...you will scare all the deer away
Thats part of the plan hoss... Blind em with the shiny knife an then bustem in the chest wit a big old broadhead :yo:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Looks like a nice knife! I've had a love/hate relationship with gut hooks.
Love the function but found it to get in the way of other aspects of the job.
I'll bet that to be an excellent skinning knife also.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
love my browning FDT knife. It is awesome. never had to resharpen over the last 3 kills.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts