Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had high hopes of tagging a gobbler with my shotgun. Drove 1.5 hours to my spot and unfortunately the birds weren't roosted where they usually are. This spot is small and if you don't get them soon after flydown chances are you're wasting your time there. I decided to check out another spot. On the way I thought I'd grab a cup of coffee. I pulled out my money to pay for the coffee along with a wad of receipts and stuff I keep in my pocket. I noticed in my hand the address and phone number of a Strother dealer that happened to be close to where I hunt who is also the closest to where I live. I figured at 7:30 nobody would answer the phone but maybe I'd at least get a machine, so I gave it a try. Someone answered! I asked about Strother bows, and he had just received a 60# infinity, which is what I was interested in. I took the .5 hr drive to his shop to check it out. Now, I was only beginning to think about upgrading from my '03 Bowtech and was planning to shoot a bunch of bows, but after shooting the infinity I just decided to get it right there and then. If I didn't, I figured I'd probably come back to it after shooting different bows just to have to order one and wait a few months to get what I was already holding in my hand! I put an S-Coil stabilizer on her and a QAD Ultra rest. The only thing I didn't get that I really wanted was an HHA sight, but I bought a discounted Top Gun single pin slider by PSE and it seems to do the job nicely. If I decide to upgrade to the HHA, the PSE sight will get put on my trusty old Bowtech which will now be retired to backup bow status. Hunting didn't go so well today, but as far as bow shopping, I think I had some pretty good luck!

·
Registered
19,354 Posts
Nice! I picked up my Infinity today too.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
No pix

Man law violation

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I've had my Sr for a while now. I think you're going to like your infinity a lot.

I'm actually getting rid of my Vanquish and picking up my Infinity tomorrow.

·
The Death of Many
2,738 Posts
I am enjoying mine. I figured out today my 65 lb infinity likes carbon force x weave pro 300's. My slick trick mags and field tips were flying together out to 50 yds. The more I shoot it the more I like it. I need to find some hogs to shoot!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know its a man law violation to not post pics, I haven't had a chance to take any yet. I'll post some up when I have a chance. I have a fresh dozen GT XTs that I picked up a couple of weeks ago. I'm gonna fletch them up and hope the infinity likes them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts