Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new Ol' Man Multi Vision in place of my old Ol Man Vision. Thanks for the advice J-Daddy!

First thing I did was paint it.... the green powder coat is less than "camo'd" and even shines in the sun.

I was wondering what other personal modifcations some of you have made to yours to make it

- Quieter
- More Functional
- Less Eye Catching (Camo'd)
- etc....

I'm a big stickler on quiteness and have to figure out a way to calm the pins a bit... guessing some camo tape up and down the arms will do the trick.

Thanks in advance. PS: If I can post a pic of my camo'd climber, I will do so tomorrow. I went for the ASAT look, but didn't do too well. :(

Thanks,

Jay

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Jay

Hey man I hope you like it....I love mine so far...Only thing I have done to mine was add the Ol Man bow holder on the seat....Nice addition to mine and the best holder I've used so far.....My green powder coat is really flat on mine, not shiney at all.....They must have given you the flashy one...lol....Gotta look good ya know.....I usually camo tape up most of my stands just to cut down on the metal to metal TING sound you get more than anything but I'm yet to do it on the Ol Man.....Post a pic when ya get a chance bro I'd like to see it.......
PS= I'm scared to paint mine, it would end up with red/orange/yellow flames on it if I started painting...LOL

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Copied from Lower 'Ol Man Thread

I attached "heel strap" to my 'Ol Man. MUCH easier and quieter to climb with. Buy a regular round bungee cord. Take the hooks off. Fasten the bungee to the platform just behind the "toe bar" by feeding about an inch or two around the mesh in the platform. Grab the small 1" or 2" tail, along with the length of cord with a pair of vice-gips. Pull very tight so the cord stretches and gets thin. Have a friend place a nylon ziptie between the stand and the vice grips, and pull it as tight as possible. Release the pressure, and the cord will be "looped" around the mesh. Repeat fo the otherside. Now its permanent. Place feet under toebar, lift heels, and pull strap around heel of boot. Now you can control the stand MUCH better with your feet.

A couple other alterations. First thing I did was remove the nylon strap that holds the two pieces together. What a pain in the rear! Left the loop that connects the two boot loops together. Makes it easy to pull them up and step into them. Next, I took another regular bungee cord, removed ONE hook, and fastened it around the hand climber in the same manner as described above. That is the cord used to hold the platform to the handclimber while traveling. Lost the one that came with it the 3rd day...

Wrapped camo tape around the spreader arms to make them quiet. The camo tape punches out of the holes easy just by using the regular pins that hold the climbing cable in place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts