Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well like the title states a little boredom and booze can lead to various things this day it was repainting the backup bow.

Had glorious in depth plans to sand down and do it right..... 4 or 5 beers later and out comes the spray paint.. Haha didnt turn out too bad For being half lit and dark outside.

Started out with a stock camo bear apprentice camo was chipped up but bow was still great shape.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Not bad for being tipsy..

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
did ya get the cat whacked too.. he's staring into those colored lights... LOL

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Looks......different haha. Your cables are crossing on top of the slide though. They should cross on the bottom. The short groove of the cable slide should be towards the riser then you want the top split buss going through the long groove on the slide.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Looks......different haha. Your cables are crossing on top of the slide though. They should cross on the bottom. The short groove of the cable slide should be towards the riser then you want the top split buss going through the long groove on the slide.
I seen that as well...... That's why you don't mix alcohol and weapons............ Wonder if this is the same guy that shot that poor ******* in the back of the head a few days back

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like i said backup bow had to swap slides out with another bow ..cables rubbed together if crossed below slide..

Wish i had a before pic this looks way better than the chipped camo..

Do all bear bows prone to chipping?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I can say from experience that is not the dumbest thing you could do while sucking on the bottle

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
poor cat, will never be the same...

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Like i said backup bow had to swap slides out with another bow ..cables rubbed together if crossed below slide..

Wish i had a before pic this looks way better than the chipped camo..

Do all bear bows prone to chipping?
If your cables rub when crossed on the bottom, you may just need to press the bow, take the bottom cable off the cam and take it around the other side of the other cable then reattach. It should go from the top yoke, through the long slot on the rear of the cable slide, down to the inside of the other cable and to the peg on the cam.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Cat be like: Whoa duuuude,,,, I like the paint fumes mannnnnnnnnnnnnn!

That is what we "old schoolers" used to do with our bows prior to about 1990, a little flat black, OD green, flat grey and flat brown, and a couple ideas and you had a "new bow" every season.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First thought i had before posting was the sharpie kid haha shoulda posted before i started like he did

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
I was expecting a sharpie thread as well. .

OP, next time you are drinking, use a tripod to take photos! Cant see Sh**!

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
I am betting that if the bow is strung correctly, that you can take the cable slide off and find a way to install it so that the cable cross above the slide and that the cables don't rub against each other.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah jim p thats why i have it set up like this... Long story short had my martin bow blow up on me due too TRG slide "technology" anyways got my limbs and cams/strings replaced whole new bow besides riser. And the new regular slide they gave me was tearing up my cables again!!

So i swapped out the cable slide off my backup bow killed 2 nice bucks and honestly the little buzzed snow camo apprentice bow fire darts out to 40 yrds great. the way its set up now.

Im happy with results.

Both bows shoot great and look good.

Apprentice definitely looks better than the chipped camo job it had before. Just figured you guys would like a laugh at my ******* snow camo i mean hell it a 200$ bow was just screwing around.. Haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts