Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://youtu.be/TLC8Me2JIFw

Been out of town for a few days and came back to a lot of Coyote tracks crossing my yard. so my son and I followed the tracks. Found two dens on the small cliff in front of our driveway and also possibly a fisher cat den.
I am going to have to get a game cam and do some investigation. And also check on what the game laws are in Nh for Coyotes.
This is getting interesting!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What is really cool I is the dens are about 50 yds from my front porch. There may also be a bear den farther down. The area is isolated from a local road by a 10 ft cliff then there is about 1 acre of flat woods that have a all the fallen trees from when they made the front yard for the house I am living in. so there are all kinds of areas for dens. and virtually no access . In the summer without the snow covering the fallen trees it is just about impossible to get through. I am going to try to find the bear den tomorrow. A neighbor has seen a bear family going in and out of this patch of woods last year. I moved in in Oct.
Natural landscape Mountainous landforms Nature reserve Vegetation Hill station

This is an aerial photo of the property. the top 3 X s are where the coyote and possible fisher cat dens are. the lower X is about where I am guessing the bear den is. right now there is about 4 ft of snow in the area and I only sink about a foot so I can get over most of the fallen and bulldozed trees. So we will see if I am lucky tomorrow. Hopefully they will still be hibernating. I shoud have a nice location for a tree stand. Saw a bunch of turkey tracks before the last snow.
Wonder if I can take the big 3 all from one stand???????

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
im glad we dont have that all that bear mountain lion stuff here in my parts goodness lol

·
Andrew McMullen
833 Posts
What is really cool I is the dens are about 50 yds from my front porch. There may also be a bear den farther down. The area is isolated from a local road by a 10 ft cliff then there is about 1 acre of flat woods that have a all the fallen trees from when they made the front yard for the house I am living in. so there are all kinds of areas for dens. and virtually no access . In the summer without the snow covering the fallen trees it is just about impossible to get through. I am going to try to find the bear den tomorrow. A neighbor has seen a bear family going in and out of this patch of woods last year. I moved in in Oct.
View attachment 1633684
This is an aerial photo of the property. the top 3 X s are where the coyote and possible fisher cat dens are. the lower X is about where I am guessing the bear den is. right now there is about 4 ft of snow in the area and I only sink about a foot so I can get over most of the fallen and bulldozed trees. So we will see if I am lucky tomorrow. Hopefully they will still be hibernating. I shoud have a nice location for a tree stand. Saw a bunch of turkey tracks before the last snow.
Wonder if I can take the big 3 all from one stand???????
By the looks of the property and the x's it appears that the local predators have joined forces and are preparing an ambush, I would suggest you find an alternative way out of your house.

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,866 Posts
From the looks of it, you dont have to travel far to hunt. Awesome view and nice home place for sure.. Put up a gamecam and show us your results. Kiling all yotes is a plus for any habitat..

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You could always poke that stick in the little hole and see what comes out. Lol.[/QUOTE[/I]

I think I will wait until I get a game camera. I am doing a hunting show in Augusta Me. this weekend. Hope to pick one up.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By the looks of the property and the x's it appears that the local predators have joined forces and are preparing an ambush, I would suggest you find an alternative way out of your house.
There are a lot of Turkeys and Grouse and rabbits here so I am hoping They will let this Turkey alone. I just hope they do not mind having one more predator join in the hunt!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got up monday morning . finally saw the Turkeys and got video of two flocks. one just behind the house, the other about 200 yds down the mountain. Also saw the fisher cat Monday evening walking across the driveway into the woods where the dens are. Did not have time to get the camera.
here is a video of the turkeys.

http://youtu.be/N41cgz0ngoQ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.