·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice buck, what state is it from.

Bob

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
I bet that got the heart pumping, coming over the ridge....
Congrats on a good one and a nice taxi job....

·
Tacos de Lengua! Sabrosa!
4,348 Posts
Great looking mount!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got him in southern ohio. No didn't get excited at all. All was calm just wanted to make a good clean shot. I think my heart getting excited is over. I do remember the days when the old heart would start beating super fast but I was a younger man back then.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Congrats! When I stop getting excited when a nice buck is close, I think I will hang it up. Glad you can be so calm.

·
Bringer of truth
14,839 Posts
yea...i would c_ _p my pants if i saw a deer like that.

Congratulations on getting him to the wall.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Wide for sure, congrats

·
Huntoholic
10,693 Posts
Nice Buck, CONGRATS! I will never get that old, even at 63 when three or four Doe come in on me it excite's me, even if I aint going to take one,, hope I never loose the thrill, thats why I do it, and I like eating Venison,, when I don't get excited about opportunities in the woods, I'll buy beef,,

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Nice Buck, CONGRATS! I will never get that old, even at 63 when three or four Doe come in on me it excite's me, even if I aint going to take one,, hope I never loose the thrill, thats why I do it, and I like eating Venison,, when I don't get excited about opportunities in the woods, I'll buy beef,,
Same here,Catter,and beef is much cheaper!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the replys. I don't eat deer meat I give it away and don't eat very much beef. I like to deer hunt to get away from all humans. It's the challenge I like about trying to get close to a nice one to shoot. I'm sure if a 180 inch buck came in I would get excited. I had at least 120 seat hours in stand to get that one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts