Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The hunt was a blast, its a,........ "have to do it atleast once thing." .......I had seen a big bear the 3rd night, but was unable to get off a shot. The 4th night I heard a stick break behind me so I slowly turned to see a monster (for the area), that would of been near the 400lb range. I am pretty sure it is the same bear I had seen the night before, but still did not manage to get a shot. He slowly walked off, i got one more look at him about 60 yds down a clear cut. Then I heard all sorts of sticks breaking directly to my right. I spotted the bear on the 4 wheeler path at about 35 yds, she was heading my way. At first I seriously thought this was a cub because of the big boar, and I asked Dad, "is that a cub?" Dad said, "No!" so she stopped behind some downed branches and I drew, she stepped out at about 20yds and I let her have it. I got a complete passthrough. Dad and I listened to see what she was doing and about 15 seconds and 15 yards later she was down, and the celebration began! She weighed in right at 250. It was incredible the only bad part about the trip was the 17 hour ride, but I told Dad I was ready to head back up the next week, he wouldnt go for that. It was nice getting the whole ordeal on video. It made it that much better having dad in the stand rite next to me. I was extremely happy for my first bear, let me know what u think!

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Great bear!!! Keep us posted on the taxidermy pictures.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Congrats on the Bear, a great trophy that will make an awesome mount! :thumbs_up :beer:

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Nice bear !! 250 pounds?? From the picture, it looks a lot bigger than that. It might be the view. That's one big head on your bear.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big Head

I dont know a whole lot about bears living in Iowa, but the owners of the resort said I was extremely lucky the bear didnt have any rub signs, and they though this bear really should have been a boar, because her head was so big

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Great bear. Looks like a real good hide too.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Congratulations...Nice looking bear...!

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
she is a beauty for sure. my wife has ordered a rug based on these pics.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Videp-How?

I have a Sony Camcorder with a High 8 format but i cannot figure out how to get it on the computer, i cant find the rite cords. Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks everybody!

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,216 Posts
Great looking bear, congratulations!

·
Excited Delerium
1,024 Posts
Nice Bear, and it's great you got to do it with your Dad next to you. It'll make a great memory.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That bear looks wayyyyyy bigger than 250. But that could be because you are 10 yards behind the bear in the picture...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts