Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a lactating doe with my 2004 Nissan I just bought one week earlier. My concern is the fawns. I wonder if they will survive?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hope you had your permit and tagged it after getting it Hilltop ;) It sucks, it seems that you are more than likely to run over that trophy game you want then you are to bowhunt it, it seems at times :tongue: Hope the truck isn't too badly beat up.

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
My bet is the fawns will survive. It's not like they're not on solid foods yet.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I would think the fawns should be fine. Its plenty late in the year. I saw a fawn and a doe in my field the other day. Fawn had lost its spots and was browsing alongside momma.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
You are supposed to kill it before You grill it! It is sad when a situation like that happens, but those small deer may make a first time hunter the proudest after they tag one..

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
Virgie - I thought you were pulling my chain until Tanya confirmed it through Robin!!!

Folks - this was one beautiful truck!!!! He JUST put a light loop on the grille! Just bought the lights THAT morning!

I hope you got pics!!!!!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The brush gaurd took the brunt of it. I was heading home to install the lights on it. Glad I saved some $.........wait no I didnt its going to cost me 3k to fix it :mad: and NY state has cut down on the dmp go figure........

·
74,535 Posts
Been there done that

1997 Nissan Pick up

6 pt buck

$2100.00 worth of damage :D Mine was in the fogg :D

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Daniel Boone said:
1997 Nissan Pick up

6 pt buck

$2100.00 worth of damage :D Mine was in the fogg :D
Hmm... Nissan? Should of bought a chevy :) Hope every thing works out OK... glad you were safe.... Josh

Attachments

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Should have bought a Dodge "IF YOU CANT DODGE IT RAM IT!" :D

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
I wouldn't get a Dodge. This is what happend to my friend's kid's Dakota when we had a slight breeze go over the factory he worked in.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,562 Posts
Myk said:
I wouldn't get a Dodge. This is what happend to my friend's kid's Dakota when we had a slight breeze go over the factory he worked in.
lol a slight breeze?
I wouldnt bet a penny on a dodge. Im a Ford truck man. Hilltop sorry to hear bout your new truck that sucks :eek:

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
Yeah, it was a breeze in the F4 or F5 category :D

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys, Parts on the truck are replaceable. I am glad she didnt jump in the window or something crazy like that. I wonder if its legal to weld round bale spears to the front LOL.........

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
I wonder if its legal to weld round bale spears to the front
Don't do that. I butchered a roadkill that was hit with a truck that had tow hooks. Let's just say the one that was hit by a semi on the interstate was a much MUCH more pleasant job.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Myk said:
Yeah, it was a breeze in the F4 or F5 category :D
If you call that a slight breeze, I hate to see what you call a strong breeze!!! :mg:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts