Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my free sonic broadhead today. i wouldnt ever suggest buying them. i put it 2gether and i droped it on my wooden bead poast and it bent the head. they arent as sharp as i thought they would be,and the cutting diameter is way to small. I would much rather my wasp jackhammer. But they fly exactly like my field points.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
What bent on the head, the blades?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
The tips of the blades bend so easy. I had a thunderhead broadhead wrench on hand(plastic) pushed on the tip of the head a little and pulled away while still maintaining slight pressure. bend all of the blades after that I went out ans hot it into a piece of 1/4 inch ply wood. It didn't last long.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Mine fell apart on the second shot,maybe I didnt put it together right.I guess thats why I like the montecs so much,there idiot proof.I followed the directions and everything seemed fine.The first shot was great,the second shot oalmost planed over my target.Probably do to the fact it only had two blades.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
I just got mine today, I am pleased, mine are pretty sharp. (Soon to be sharper) but it seems well built. I am switching broadheads this year so if anyone isnt satisfied with there sample... Send it my way cause Ill take it.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
jimposten said:
I just got mine today, I am pleased, mine are pretty sharp. (Soon to be sharper) but it seems well built. I am switching broadheads this year so if anyone isnt satisfied with there sample... Send it my way cause Ill take it.
If you like them so much you should probably buy them and support the guys who sent you a free one.Dont be cheap.Iam sure those guys went in the hole a little bit sending out thousands of free broadheads and the least we can do if we like them is buy a couple more from them.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
xsmasherj said:
If you like them so much you should probably buy them and support the guys who sent you a free one.Dont be cheap.Iam sure those guys went in the hole a little bit sending out thousands of free broadheads and the least we can do if we like them is buy a couple more from them.
That was supposed to be a joke (Should have used my Smiley faces), I tried to order my pack from cabellas to day and they said there on back order. I will be checking my local proshop on tue:wink:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
jimposten said:
That was supposed to be a joke (Should have used my Smiley faces), I tried to order my pack from cabellas to day and they said there on back order. I will be checking my local proshop on tue:wink:
Good man ...Its hard to tell peoples humor in text.Sorry if i seemed like a jerk.Those guys could really have been taken advantage of but I believe they knew they were dealing with a good bunch of guys.I just didnt want that to be spoiled.Take care I again apologize for the misunderstaning.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
sonic

got mine the other day.. i put it together and shot maybe 25 shots... it grouped well and stayed together also... i dont see how they can fall apart if put together properly.. but the cutting diameter does seem a bit small at 7/8 inch... i normaly shoot thunderhead 100 with 1 1/8 cutting diameter and they work great...

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
The sonic 1oo pros are a full 1" in diameter, Peoples biggest complaint about these heads is there size, But they fly perfect. So if the BH goes exactly where you want them to go,... the lack of the extra 3/16ths of an inch is worth the sacrafice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sonic

I shot them last year for antalope they fly like field points.
I took a nice buck at 60 yards broke two ribs on entry with complete pass thru.

64 lbs 28.5 inch draw 358 fps No problems here!!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,153 Posts
still haven't got mine, I know they are free, but if this is a sign of what will happen placing orders in the future, then they definitely will have problems

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I got mine today. I didn't get to shoot it yet because it's hard to get the blades into the slots. Seems to fit a little too tight.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I dont like them way to small and still shoot like my muzzy which are 1inch and 1/8 cut.
My muzzy fly about 4 inches from my fiedl points and the same with the sonics thought they would fly exactly like field points sense they are so small.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
I received mine today and just finished finished assembling it. This was probably the hardest broadhead to put togeather I have ever handled. That said, now I have done one I could probably do another fairly fast. It seems to be well made with tight tolerances. I measured mine on a cloth tape and it went an exact 3/4 inch instead of 7/8. It seems to be extremely sharp right out of the pack.

I have not shot it yet as it is pouring down rain right now. I hope to shoot it a few times tomorrow and then will attempt to sharpen it to razor sharpness again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
concreter1 said:
I shot them last year for antelope they fly like field points.
I took a nice buck at 60 yards broke two ribs on entry with complete pass thru.

64 lbs 28.5 inch draw 258 fps No problems here!!

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I got mine today too..................
I like the small American Company and think the free head is GREAT :thumbs_up.
I would love to support em but I got a bad feeling about the tip and how it's just the blade edges out front.
I will do some testing Monday and shoot it thru several types of material and post up what I find.
I did do a B-head torture test in Iraq with a buddy while we played around with about 5 different heads......The G5 Tekan expandables with stood MUCH torture. :wink:

·
Registered
502 Posts
I did my own little test today.

Broadheads grouped great.

Shot through a empty aluminum soda can, and the blades were trashed, edges rolled over severly............on an empty pepsi can.

I then shot the broadhead into an aluminum baseball bat. the broadhead was demolished only one blade remained and the tip of the blade was about gone.

I did the baseball bat test with a muzzy and it performed great. The head bent slightly and pushed back into the aluminum arrow.

I am glad they gave me the bhead for free, I will stick with muzzy's.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts