Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After carefully assemblying the Sonic BH, I noticed something a little disturbing to me. See the following pictures. Try as I may, I could NOT "close" the gap at the tip. I could imagine if that "gap" catches bone.

Nice design, but the 100 gr. = steel ferrule, whereas the 75 & 85 gr. = aluminum = weak.

I think I'll stick to my Slick Tricks....at least I can resharpen the Slick's Blades.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Hey there. When i first got mine i was having trouble and had a gap like you have. I did end up trying different blades in different slots and be it luck or circumstance i ended up with a perfect point. Also if you havent tighted down the locking nut with a wrench that would also cause this problem. Good luck!

·
Registered
302 Posts
JASON MYERS said:
I still have not got mine. Anyone else not recieve theirs yet?
Just came today,its been two weeks.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I got mine a few days ago. I had a gap too, but it wasn't that big. I didn't really play around with it too much before it got ruined in my Morrell Yellow Jacket.

·
U.P. Hunter
4,539 Posts
Originally posted by: [email protected]

Sonic Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys,
We at ABC have been very pleased with the response to our broadhead offer. So far we have shipped 5,000 heads and we intend to ship the remaining 5,000 heads out next week.
I am currently writing you to let you know about an issue that we discovered yesterday. It appears that in our zeal to ship out the samples in a timely manner, one of our people grabbed a box of ferrules that was meant to be returned to our plater due to a condition of over plating. This extra thick plating may not be a problem on most of the ferrules, but it can create the following problems:
1) Blades not fitting correctly in the slots or the blade tips not touching each other and supporting themselves correctly.
As a result any heads that have this condition will not penetrate well and will bend blades upon impact.
Since I have no way of knowing exactly who has recieved broadheads in this condition, we at ABC are going to make things right by doing the following:
1) We will resume shipments next week for the remaining 5,000 heads.
2) The following week we will ship out an additional 5,000 heads to those people to whom we may have sent a defective product to.
As I dont have that many of our regular Sonic 100 in bulk stock, you may get a Sonic Pro 100 instead.
Obviously this is a very embarrassing situation for us at ABC. We appreciate your patience and support.
Sincerely,
Derrick Perkins
This should clarify the reason for the gap !

FF

·
Registered
534 Posts
I got mine today and had the same problem. I am scared to shoot it at anything right now. It can't penetrate very good like this. I like this head if they can get that gap fixed.
Robbie

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I received my head last week and had the same gap problem. Shot it once, it flew exactly with my FPs, and broke 2 tips off. With the way they flew I was dissapointed to see the broken tips. but if ABC is responding with a reshipment I have to say I will give them another chance. This head shows promise and deserves a look if the company is good enough to send out free samples and then back them up with another. I've seen another post where someone shot theirs through 3/4" spruce with no problem.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just got mine and have a small gap, At least ABC is going to send out new ones that is a + on customer service already.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Mine had a gap but I just sorta worked it together. Looks perfect. I think I will shoot something with it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I got my free broadhead today and noticed the gap too. But the head still shot perfectly with my field points. Great customer service follow up, nice to see another archery related company standing behind the products they sell(or give away for free).

·
Registered
763 Posts
I got mine. The gap is there, but very tiny. I played with the blade locations & couldn't get it to completely disappear. They fly like bullets & group with my field pts. I just wish they were deer legal here in Oklahoma. We have to have a min. of 7/8 wide x 1 1/2" long. That rules out several of the really good modern broadheads.

·
Registered
883 Posts
how long did it take for u to get yours from teh time u ordered it? cause i ordeed one like 3 weeks ago and havent goten it yet

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I got mine a couple of days ago too.

Mine to has a gap, but they sure fly good. Shot it out of the DB at forty yards with no problem.

·
Registered
395 Posts
gap

Same problem here, small gap. I shot mine 4 times into my Morrell "HUMUNGO" broadhead target & the blades started to curl on the point. They do fly good & penetrate well. They would be great for low poundage bows. If they send me another one that fits together right I'll get some for myself & my wife. Thanks ABC, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
anazazi said:
Mine had a gap but I just sorta worked it together. Looks perfect. I think I will shoot something with it.

Same thing here just messed around with it for a couple of minutes and now it looks perfect. ABC is going above and beyond in my opinion if my tests go good I will be purchasing 6 new Sonics next week.:wink:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
FallFever said:
Originally posted by: [email protected]

This should clarify the reason for the gap !

FF

FF...very interesting. I was not aware of this and hadn't seen that post before. I am now VERY interested to test the other head they send to me...I hope I get it while there is space left on my phone book. This addresses a lot of the issues I have seen/read with these Sonics. 10,000 complimentary heads....this is crazy. With a suggested retail of 39.99 for 6 heads that is $66,650 worth of heads:eek: :eek: (based on suggested retail).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts