Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my GTO yesterday and took it down to my local bow shop and got it set up! And its loud!! What do i need to do to quite this thing down??? Also it has some hand shock what can i do to get rid of this??

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
You need to check and make sure the bow is in spec., then make sure the cams are in time. If not, that should solve a lot of the issue. After that, play with the sts, it does have a sweet spot. If you do not have a stabilizer on the bow, that will help too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would i go about making sure the bow is in spec? ANd how would i make sure the cams are in time?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Just a thought

I'm wondering if you think it's loud because you were shooting it in a small area. I have noticed that my bow is louder when I shoot it in the shop compared to when I shoot it outside...sound seems to bounce around in the room we shoot the bows for testing.

Josh

·
Registered
816 Posts
By the way...

I shot a GTO Friday and it was very nice. Seemed very smooth and it was quite...but it had a lot of stuff on it. Large heavy stabilizer,string stopper and string leaches. But it was very nice and smoking fast. I've been shooting traditional for over a year and the arrows just moved coming out of this thing.

Josh

·
Registered
892 Posts
How would i go about making sure the bow is in spec? ANd how would i make sure the cams are in time?

Go to the Elite website and hit the tech forums. There are a few guys there that can help you get dialed in. You'll need access to a bow press, a draw board, a digital scale and chronograph to do it correctly.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Can you post a picture of your draw stop and the back side of the cams while the bow is not drawn. Make sure you are as straight on to the cams as possible when taking the pics.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
How light an arrow are you using.. The hevier the arrow of course, the quieter the shot... If your using a 300 grn arrow,, It'd will be very noisy.. Also set you STS up so it's setting against the string slightly,,,, Also check with a drawboard that your cams are in synch, and darw peg set correctly.. Before you shoot, you should have checked your draw length, and Axle to axle. Brace height to make sure all are correct. They had a run of string sthat Nealy made that are too long... So inccorect draw length and too light a a draw weight usually tell that the strings/cables are incorrect sized.. elite will warrenty your strings/cables with redesigned sizes... I had to do this with my New Fire last month,, Worked like a charm.. Now I have a full 28" draw and a draw weight that will reach it's maximum potential...Not short

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
What rest are you using. I usually test a bow in the shop with a prong style. When I throw my ripcord it then gets much louder. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Look at the back of the cam and tell me where the cable post is setting in correlation to touching itself while it is relaxed. Is there a gap no gap.

I am talking about the end of the bus cable that circles around the axle.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok we have problems there is a gap in the first picture and at full draw the top cable has a gap and the bottom is touching!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
It is out of time. We need to get you in time my friend and you are going to need a press and a little knowledge on which way to twist and turn

1 - 20 of 49 Posts